Monterrey Flash Outlast Ontario Fury In League Opener
ONTARIO, CALIF --- The Ontario Fury, Driven by Mark Christopher Chevrolet, opened up the Major Arena Soccer League season with a tough 7-5 loss to the Monterrey (Mexico) Flash at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Ontario battled back from several deficits throughout the evening, tying the game twice before a two-goal outburst from Shino Cavarubias and Tino Nunez in 58 seconds in the third quarter gave them a 5-4 lead. But the advantage was short lived as Lourenco Andrade scored 21 seconds after Nunez, to tie the game going into the fourth quarter.
The Flash scored twice in the fourth, with the final goal coming with Luis Piffer in goal as the extra attacker for the Fury.
Andrade scored a hat trick for the Flash, while Stephen Basso scored twice for the Fury.
Ontario will be back in action Sunday afternoon against the visiting Sacramento Surge. The game, the second half of the Fury's Military Appreciation Weekend, will kickoff at 3 p.m. Tickets, starting at $10 per person, are still available at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office. It will be the last chance to see the Fury in person until December, as the team will embark on a four-game road trip.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from November 8, 2014
- Mke Wave Wave Wins Road Opener against St. Louis - Milwaukee Wave
- Comets Defeat Mustangs in Chicago - Kansas City Comets
- Silver Knights Downed by Blast in Season Opener - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Blast Win Season Opener - Baltimore Blast
- Monterrey Flash Outlast Ontario Fury In League Opener - Ontario Fury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.