MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
August 14, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019) - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has issued an additional game suspension (two games total) and an additional undisclosed fine to Minnesota United FC forward Mason Toye for spitting at an opponent in the 90+ minute of Minnesota's match against FC Dallas on Aug. 10. Toye, who initially received a red card for the incident, will serve his first game suspension on Aug. 14 against the Colorado Rapids. Toye will serve his additional game suspension on Aug. 17 against Orlando City SC.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Seattle Sounders FC in violation of the mass confrontation policy during the 88th minute of their match on Aug. 10. Seattle has violated the mass confrontation policy for a third time this season, and the organization and head coach Brian Schmetzer have been issued undisclosed fines for their actions.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 14, 2019
- Toronto FC Advances to 2019 Canadian Championship Final - Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Sporting Slips to 1-0 Loss at Orlando City SC - Sporting Kansas City
- Breaking Down the XI | One Change vs. SKC - Orlando City SC
- Tickets for 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup on Sale Thursday - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta's Josef Martinez Adds to Record Book with Multiple 20-Goal Seasons: Week 24 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Real Salt Lake - August 14, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Zakaria Diallo Transfers to RC Lens - Montreal Impact
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Storylines | City vs. Sporting KC - Orlando City SC
- Concession, Merchandise Specials Ahead at Remaining 2019 FCC Home Games - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.