MLB Jr. HR Derby Coming to Fresno February 17
FRESNO, Calif. - Chukchansi Park will be one of several nationwide sites hosting the "Jr. Home Run Derby," a Major League Baseball event open to all kids 14 and under. The Fresno Grizzlies are presenting the event for area youth thanks to Dick's Sporting Goods. Young players will have the opportunity to hit on the same field as future MLB stars on Saturday, February 17 from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. The event is open to the general public.
Two separate fields measuring distance will be set up on the playing surface at Chukchansi Park. Top performers may advance further in the national tournament based on a good showing in Fresno. The event is free for contestants to attend and to participate in courtesy of Dick's Sporting Goods.
Also included during the event are USA Baseball bat demos and coaching clinics; with new bat specifications for youth baseball taking effect this season, players will have the opportunity to swing the new USA Baseball-approved bats at a hitting station on the field at Chukchansi Park.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 6, 2018
- MLB Jr. HR Derby Coming to Fresno February 17 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Padres and Chihuahuas Extend Player Development Contract - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sky Sox to Host 2018 Job Fair - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Grizzlies falter 4-3 Saturday night against Chihuahuas
- Sneed, Grizzlies keep Chihuahuas on leash, win 5-0
- Fresno falls 4-3 in 10, finish 9-7 vs. Reno in 2018
- Reno defeats Fresno 5-2 in Wednesday matinee
- Alejandro Garcia's 2-run single gives Fresno Tacos a 4-3 walk-off win