Miranda Records First Career Multi-Homer Game
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Jose Miranda went deep twice to lead a relentless Miracle offense past the Jupiter Hammerheads, 9-2, on Saturday night at Hammond Stadium.
With the Miracle leading 4-2 in the fifth, Miranda launched his seventh home run of the season, and first of the night, onto the berm in left. Trey Cabbage followed with a blast to left-center to increase the lead to 6-2.
Miranda's second home run of the night, a three-run shot in the seventh, put the game out of reach. The ball, which struck the drink rail seats beyond the right-field fence, was initially called in play. However, the umpires discussed the play at the request of Miracle Manager Toby Gardenhire and overturned the call, giving Miranda his multi-homer night.
Trailing 1-0 in the second, the Miracle quickly erased the early hole. With two on and no one out, Ernie De La Trinidad tied the game with a single to left. David Banuelos followed with an RBI ground out to give the Miracle their first lead of the night.
Fort Myers added two runs in the fourth with De La Trinidad and Banuelos once again collecting RBI.
Blayne Enlow started for the Miracle and allowed just two runs (one earned) in six innings of work. Enlow (3-3) walked two and struck out six.
Calvin Faucher earned his second save with three scoreless innings of relief. The right-hander has not allowed a run over his last eight appearances (13.1 innings).
All nine Miracle starters posted at least one hit. De La Trinidad, Banuelos, and Miranda all collected multi-RBI nights.
The Miracle look for the series win on Sunday morning in Fort Myers. First pitch is slated for 11:00 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Tortugas Unable to Topple Mets, 6-1 - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Cruise Past Tortugas, 6-1 - St. Lucie Mets
- Lopez, Castillo Homer, But Charlotte Prevails, 5-4 - Tampa Tarpons
- Miranda Records First Career Multi-Homer Game - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Lakeland's Rodriguez Limits Florida, 3-1 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stone Crabs Sink Tarpons 5-4 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Early Offense Leads Threshers to Win over Cardinals - Clearwater Threshers
- Marauders and Blue Jays Postponed on Saturday - Bradenton Marauders
- 90's Night at LECOM Park Ends in 7-5 Loss - Bradenton Marauders
- Blue Jays Snap Three Game Losing Streak in Bradenton - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.