90's Night at LECOM Park Ends in 7-5 Loss
BRADENTON, FL - In the second game of a four game weekend set between the Bradenton Marauders and the visiting Dunedin Blue Jays, six combined home runs powered a slugfest that included all the home side's offense on a trio of blasts. In a stretch between the bottom of the second inning and the top of the fourth, the first batter of each frame homered including the first long ball of the year from Daniel Amaral.
Lucas Tancas got the scoring started in the home half of the second inning by clubbing his seventh home run of the 2019 season. Amaral's solo shot in the third gave the Marauders a brief lead before the first of Dunedin catcher Alejandro Kirk's two home runs of the contest, the first two of the year for Kirk. The only other offensive strike of the game for Bradenton was a three run bomb from Rodolfo Castro in the fourth, his fifth in his first 37 games with the club.
Dunedin moved ahead for good in the sixth inning on a two-RBI triple from Reggie Pruitt in his first hit in two games since being called up from Low-A. The outfielder was scored on a sacrifice fly to cap the contest's scoring as both sides were held off the board from that point on.
The Marauders continue their four game set against Dunedin on Saturday featuring Bradenton's All-Decade Team announcement and free shirt giveaway. RHP Osvaldo Bido is slated to take the hill for the home side in a scheduled 6:30 pm start. Catch all the action with Matt Neverett on the Bradenton Marauders Baseball Network by visiting BradentonMarauders.com, TuneIn Radio, MiLB.tv, or the MiLB First Pitch app!
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Tortugas Unable to Topple Mets, 6-1 - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Cruise Past Tortugas, 6-1 - St. Lucie Mets
- Lopez, Castillo Homer, But Charlotte Prevails, 5-4 - Tampa Tarpons
- Miranda Records First Career Multi-Homer Game - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Lakeland's Rodriguez Limits Florida, 3-1 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stone Crabs Sink Tarpons 5-4 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Early Offense Leads Threshers to Win over Cardinals - Clearwater Threshers
- Marauders and Blue Jays Postponed on Saturday - Bradenton Marauders
- 90's Night at LECOM Park Ends in 7-5 Loss - Bradenton Marauders
- Blue Jays Snap Three Game Losing Streak in Bradenton - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.