Memphis 901 FC Exercises 2023 Option for Defender Rece Buckmaster
Memphis, Tenn. - Memphis 901 FC announced on Monday the club will exercise the one-year team option on defender Rece Buckmaster, pending league and federation approval.
Buckmaster led the team with 3,139 minutes on the pitch during the 2022 season, starting every match and being subbed off only twice. The outside back led the team with 79 interceptions to go with 50 clearances. Buckmaster also tallied five assists and one goal in 2023.
"Rece is an absolute warrior," Assistant Sporting Director Caleb Patterson-Sewell said. "He is a fantastic defender with a huge amount of quality. Having Rece back with us in 2023 is exciting for the club and our fans."
Buckmaster joins All-League Second Team center back Graham Smith as returning defenders for the 2023 season.
For more information on Memphis 901 FC, visit https://www.memphis901fc.com and follow the club on social media on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 28, 2022
- Memphis 901 FC Exercises 2023 Option for Defender Rece Buckmaster - Memphis 901 FC
- Republic FC Academy Player Chance Cowell Receives Third Selection for Mexico U15 National Team Camp - Sacramento Republic FC
- World Cup Preview: United States v Iran - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indiana Fire Academy North Stamped as Eleventh Member of Indy Eleven Youth Soccer Program - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis 901 FC Stories
- Memphis 901 FC Signs Midfielder Bruno Lapa to Multi-Year Contract
- Memphis 901 FC Signs Veteran Defender Jelani Peters to Multi-Year Contract
- Memphis 901 FC Signs Defender Akeem O'Connor-Ward to Multi-Year Contract
- Memphis 901 FC Signs Defender Carson Vom Steeg to Multi-Year Contract
- USL Championship Releases Full 2023 Schedule