Max Herrmann Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake
PEARL, Miss. - The Los Angeles Angels announced Sunday that left-handed pitcher Max Herrmann has been promoted from the Double-A Mobile BayBears to Triple-A Salt Lake.
Herrmann, 25, appeared in two games with the BayBears over the past two seasons. In a start Sunday at Hank Aaron Stadium, he only allowed one unearned run on three hits in 4 1/3 innings against Pensacola. Herrmann faced the Blue Wahoos on the road last year in his Double-A debut on June 17, and he gave up just one hit in a scoreless inning of relief.
In 42 professional games, 13 starts, Herrmann has a 4-10 record with a 5.25 ERA, 49 walks, and 87 strikeouts. He pitched in one Major League Spring Training game this year and tossed a scoreless, hitless eighth inning against the Padres on March 23.
The Rutherford, New Jersey native was signed by the Angels on July 18, 2017, as a non-drafted free agent out of Rutgers University. This is the first time Herrmann has been promoted to Triple-A in his career.
In a corresponding move, infielder Erick Salcedo has returned to Mobile from Salt Lake. Additionally, right-handed pitcher Zack Kelly has been transferred to Extended Spring Training, and right-handed pitcher Michael Santos is joining the BayBears from Extended Spring Training.
The BayBears wrap up a five-game road series against the Mississippi Braves with a doubleheader Sunday, beginning at 1:05 p.m. Live coverage can be seen on MiLB.tv (Mississippi feed, subscription required, promo code: BAYBEARS) and heard on MobileBayBears.com, the TuneIn app, and the MiLB First Pitch app, with the Countdown to First Pitch starting at 12:45 p.m.
The BayBears return home Monday and host a total of 70 home dates through Labor Day, September 2. The new BayBears Pass is available, featuring a general admission ticket to every BayBears game at Hank Aaron Stadium for only $19.97 per month. Season ticket packages and partial plans are also available, featuring a 7-game plan and a 12-game option to guarantee bobbleheads and receive tickets to select fireworks nights. Individual game tickets can be purchased online at MobileBayBears.com or by calling 251-572-BEAR (2327).
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 14, 2019
- Down 6-0, Smokies Rally Back to Take Rubber Match, 7-6 - Tennessee Smokies
- Smokies Stun Barons in Series Finale - Birmingham Barons
- M-Braves, BayBears Swap Shutouts in Doubleheader Split on Sunday - Mississippi Braves
- On the Other Foot: Biscuits Use Two-Run Homer to Top Shuckers - Biloxi Shuckers
- Clutch Kerrigan Double Lifts Blue Wahoos over Shrimp - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Boom: Offense Explodes as Generals Split Rain-Shortened Series - Jackson Generals
- Gray Lifts Biscuits over Shuckers, 5-3 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Wahoos Rally Past Shrimp 4-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Generals Gameday: April 14 vs. Chattanooga (Dh) - Jackson Generals
- IF/OF Miles Mastrobuoni Placed on Temporary Inactive List; RHP Curtis Taylor Activated from 7-Day IL - Montgomery Biscuits
- Max Herrmann Promoted to Triple-A Salt Lake - Mobile BayBears
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Game Notes, April 14 at Pensacola - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.