Mavericks Sign Ben Bentil to 10-Day Contract
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have signed rookie forward Ben Bentil to a 10-day contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bentil (6-9, 235) was drafted by Boston in the second round (51st overall pick) of the 2016 NBA Draft. He signed with the Celtics on July 27, 2016, but was later waived by the club on Oct. 21 after appearing in three preseason games with the team.
On Oct. 31, Bentil was acquired by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League. After appearing in just one D-League game for the Mad Ants, he left the team in mid-November to play in China for the Xinjiang Flying Tigers. On Jan. 16, Bentil returned to the Mad Ants after appearing in 11 games for Xinjiang.
In 13 D-League games (three starts) for the Mad Ants this season, Bentil averaged 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 24.1 minutes per game.
A native of Sekondi-Takoradi, Ghana, Bentil played two seasons at Providence from 2014-16. As a sophomore in 2015-16, he led the Big East in scoring (21.1 ppg), field goals made (246) and free throws made (194) en route to earning First Team All-Big East and Big East Most Improved Player honors. Bentil declared for the NBA Draft following his sophomore season.
Bentil will wear No. 42 for the Mavericks.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2017
- Westchester Knicks Coast to Victory over Erie BayHawks - Westchester Knicks
- Solid All-Around Play Lifts Iowa over Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Iowa Energy 102-89 - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Can't Stop Canton's Charge - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Roll Past Maine - Canton Charge
- Cavs Assign Kay Felder to Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Mavericks Sign Ben Bentil to 10-Day Contract - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Spoil the Bulls' Fourth Quarter Rally - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.