Massachusetts Pirates Respond to National Arena League Announcement
Team Founder and President Jawad Yatim responded to the announcement that the Pirates will not be taking part in the 2021 National Arena League season with some good news on the horizon.
"We are disappointed in the National Arena League for choosing to make our private business endeavors their public matter. We have honored our three-year commitment and our focus solely lies on putting the Massachusetts Pirates in the best position possible for continued success in the future. Prior to today, we had expressed to the NAL that we did not want to enter into another agreement at the moment and that we would continue to evaluate all options available. I am going to defend our character, as we have been a class organization from day one. We have worked extremely hard to succeed, be a positive influence in the community, and bring about awareness of professional Indoor football to a market that's never had a consistent presence with the game. We strive to be one of the top organizations in the country from top to bottom and we will continue that trend for years to come. The Massachusetts Pirates are as strong as we've ever been, and we must align ourselves with like-minded partners that are focussed on expanding the game, the brands of the individual's organizations, and the league that we compete in as a whole. We appreciated our time in the NAL, and we respect everyone involved and want to thank them for the opportunity to compete in their league. We are extremely excited about the future of Pirates football and our fans are in for a pleasant surprise. Stay tuned for some exciting announcements ahead. Go, Pirates!"
More announcements are to come on the organization's next move!
• Discuss this story on the National Arena League message board...
National Arena League Stories from July 14, 2020
- Massachusetts Pirates Respond to National Arena League Announcement - Massachusetts Pirates
- National Arena League Boots Massachusetts Pirates out of the League - NAL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Massachusetts Pirates Stories
- Massachusetts Pirates Respond to National Arena League Announcement
- Tevin Homer Relaxed and Ready to Go
- National Arena League Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season
- Pirates Defensive Linemen Youhanna Ghaifan and Willie Yarbary Talk Building Chemistry During Pandemic
- Khalid Wooten: We Need to Play to Bring People Together