Mariner midfielder Hamisi Amani-Dove named to USL first division team of the week
MARINER MIDFIELDER HAMISI AMANI-DOVE NAMED TO USL FIRST DIVISION TEAM OF THE WEEK.
Tampa, FL - Mariners' midfielder Hamisi Amani-Dove was named to the USL First Division Team of the Week for his game-winning goal against Charleston on July 16. Amani-Dove scored in the 31st minute after the ball was worked to him at the edge of the box. Amani-Dove hit a stinging half-volley that beat Charleston goalkeeper Mike Behonick at the far-post. The Mariners won the match 1-0. Amani-Dove, an attacking midfielder, is playing his third season with the Mariners. He scored 4 goals and seven assists in 2004. This is his first goal of 2005. The Mariners will host Rochester on Saturday night, July 23, at the Sportsplex at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for ages 11 and up; children 10 and under are free. All soccer players wearing their team jerseys will also be admitted without charge. For information about the Mariners or to buy tickets, please call 430-9800.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from July 19, 2005
- Silverbacks men look to consolidate their playoff position - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Mariner midfielder Hamisi Amani-Dove named to USL first division team of the week - Virginia Beach Mariners
- USL Week 13 Teams of the Week announced - USL-1
- Gbeke Returns to Toronto - Toronto Lynx
- Hidden soccer balls good for two free tickets - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week