Manitoba Moose Appleton Added to All-Star Roster
Winnipeg, MB - The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, announced today that forward Mason Appleton will participate in the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Turning Stone Resort Casino in Utica, N.Y.
Appleton, 22, is in his first season of professional hockey. The former Michigan State University Spartan leads the Moose with 36 points (12G, 24A) in 41 games. Appleton is third among AHL rookies in points, and his 24 assists lead first year AHL'ers. The Green Bay, Wis. native was previously named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Nov. 19.
Appleton will replace forward Jack Roslovic, who will be unavailable for the event.
Mason Appleton and the Moose are in action tonight on the road against the Belleville Senators. Tune in to the game on TSN 1290 or at moosehockey.com/listenlive and the Moose App .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2018
- Manitoba Moose Moose Launch 2018 Stick to Reading Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Assign Dan Catenacci to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mitchell Stephens Named 2018 AHL All-Star - Syracuse Crunch
- AMERKS RECALL DANFORTH FROM CINCINNATI - Rochester Americans
- COMETS VOICE ANDY ZILCH TO ADD TO EXTENSIVE COVERAGE OF AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - Utica Comets
- Extensive Coverage on Tap for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic this Weekend - AHL
- Crunch Surge for 3-2 Win over Rocket - Syracuse Crunch
- Dansk Returns & Garrison Recalled - Chicago Wolves
- TURGEON RECALLED, BOOTH ASSIGNED BY DETROIT - Grand Rapids Griffins
- COYOTES TO CELEBRATE HOCKEY IS FOR EVERYONE NIGHT ON FEB. 1 VERSUS DALLAS - Tucson Roadrunners
- JETS RECALL POOLMAN FROM THE MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Appleton Added to All-Star Roster - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.