Dansk Returns & Garrison Recalled
GLENVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Wolves announced Wednesday that goaltender Oscar Dansk has been returned on loan while defenseman Jason Garrison has been recalled from loan by the Vegas Golden Knights.
The 23-year-old Dansk joined the Golden Knights organization in July 2017 as a free agent and was expected to be part of the Wolves goaltending tandem this season. However, when the injury bug bit Vegas' No. 1 and 2 netminders in October, Dansk was called to join the Golden Knights after making just one appearance for the Wolves.
Dansk made his NHL debut on Oct. 21 against the St. Louis Blues when he replaced the injured Malcolm Subban in the third period. He gave up a goal on the first shot he faced, but went on to make 10 saves through regulation and overtime to help the Golden Knights secure the victory.
The Stockholm native appeared in three more games for Vegas, including his first NHL start on Oct. 24 against the Chicago Blackhawks. Through four games and three starts, Dansk compiled a 3-0-0 record with a 1.78 goals-against average and .946 save percentage. Then Dansk suffered an injury that sidelined the netminder since Oct. 30.
Prior to being recalled by Vegas on Oct. 19, Dansk's only Wolves appearance was a 6-5 overtime loss on Oct. 7 against the Texas Stars in which he made 30 saves.
Garrison, a veteran of more than 500 NHL games, has skated in 33 contests for Chicago and is the team's top-scoring blueliner with four goals and 14 assists for 18 points. He is eighth in team scoring.
Dansk will be with the Wolves when the team travels to Arizona to wrap their season series against the Tucson Roadrunners. The two games - Friday, Jan. 26 and Saturday, Jan. 27 - are both set for 8 p.m. at Tucson Convention Center. Friday's game will be broadcast on The U Too while Saturday's contest will be televised on CW50. For game and broadcast schedules information, visit ChicagoWolves.com .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2018
- Manitoba Moose Moose Launch 2018 Stick to Reading Campaign - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Assign Dan Catenacci to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Mitchell Stephens Named 2018 AHL All-Star - Syracuse Crunch
- AMERKS RECALL DANFORTH FROM CINCINNATI - Rochester Americans
- COMETS VOICE ANDY ZILCH TO ADD TO EXTENSIVE COVERAGE OF AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - Utica Comets
- Extensive Coverage on Tap for 2018 AHL All-Star Classic this Weekend - AHL
- Crunch Surge for 3-2 Win over Rocket - Syracuse Crunch
- Dansk Returns & Garrison Recalled - Chicago Wolves
- TURGEON RECALLED, BOOTH ASSIGNED BY DETROIT - Grand Rapids Griffins
- COYOTES TO CELEBRATE HOCKEY IS FOR EVERYONE NIGHT ON FEB. 1 VERSUS DALLAS - Tucson Roadrunners
- JETS RECALL POOLMAN FROM THE MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Appleton Added to All-Star Roster - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.