Manatees to Host First Ever Derby Day
VIERA, FL- The Brevard County Manatees, a Class A-Advanced Affiliate of The Milwaukee Brewers, will be hosting a first ever Derby Day Watch Party at Space Coast Stadium this Saturday May 2nd, before they take on the Daytona Tortugas in celebration of the 141st running of the Kentucky Derby. From 4:00PM to 6:25PM guests will enjoy a live broadcast projected from three angles under a 40' X 80' tent, raffles, refreshments, food trucks and premium spirit options at a cash bar.
Sponsored by GolfCarts Unlimited, boasting a new location in The Avenues Viera, the watch party will include a luxury golf cart display featuring a 'Best Dressed Golf Cart' contest for all local Viera attendees who arrive in the trending form of local transportation. Guests will also have the opportunity to win prizes for the following themes: Best Hat, Best Bow Tie, Best Suspenders and a Grand Prize featuring an upgraded suite to that evening's game for the Best Dressed Couple.
Derek Gores, local artist from The Eau Gallie Arts District, will have an original print on display from his 2013 Official Kentucky Derby artwork collection in which he was commissioned by Churchill Downs.
At the conclusion of the broadcast, guests will enter Space Coast Stadium moments before first pitch (6:35PM) to enjoy a second great American pastime; baseball. A spectacular fireworks display will occur at the conclusion of the game. Tickets are available at Space Coast Stadium box office or online at groupmatics.events/derby. All other questions and inquires may be directed to Jennifer Garcia, Director of Community Relations at email@example.com or (321) 633-9200 Ext. 3006.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 1, 2015
- Hammerheads Bite the Birds 4-2 - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Bauers Home Run Powers 'Crabs to 2-1 Win - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Marauders Strike Early, Blow out Mets 12-1 - St. Lucie Mets
- Bauers' Homer Powers Crabs to 2-1 Win - Fort Myers Miracle
- Flying Tigers Return Home Monday for Dollar Monday - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Manatees to Host First Ever Derby Day - Brevard County Manatees
- Miracle Hold on to Edge 'Crabs 5-3 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.