Mammoth's Ethington and Hanford named to Team USA
DENVER - Colorado Mammoth defensemen Jamie Hanford and Tom Ethington were among the 33 players chosen Tuesday for the U.S. national team's entry into the 2007 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship.
The WILC will take place from May 14-20 at the Halifax Metro Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Teams representing Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, England, Ireland, Iroquois Nation and Scotland will join the United States in competing for the championship.
The U.S. roster will be divided into a 23-man active roster and a 10-player reserve list shortly before the tournament.
"Tom Ethington is a dominant defender and should be recognized among the best players at that position," U.S. coach Tom Ryan said. "And Jamie Hanford's dedication to the sport is unquestionable. He is a two time National Lacrosse League champion and will be the key to our faceoff success in Halifax."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 20, 2007
- Mammoth's Ethington and Hanford named to Team USA - Colorado Mammoth
- Rock trades Rusty Kruger to Shamrox - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks and Rattlers named to Team USA roster - Rochester Knighthawks
- Chicago Shamrox Host NYPD vs. FDNY Charity Lacrosse Game - Chicago Shamrox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.