Mammoth Aims to Steal Another Victory in Calgary
DENVER - The last five games between the Colorado Mammoth and Calgary Roughnecks at Scotiabank Saddledome have been decided by just one goal, with Colorado holding a 3-2 edge. The last two have been thrillers, as the Mammoth rallied from multi-goal deficits in the fourth quarters to force overtime and win in the extra frames. On Saturday night at 7pm MT in Alberta, Colorado looks to defeat its arch-rival and win the season series.
"It's a little bit of confidence for us," said Mammoth head coach Bob Hamley, referring to the team's recent success in Calgary. "There's no doubt (the Roughnecks) are going to be a little bitter with what happened. We did steal one."
Or two, as it were.
After back-to-back wins over the Buffalo Bandits the last two weekends, Colorado has re-entered the postseason conversation.
"We've been in playoff mode really for the last two, three weeks," said Hamley. "We've talked about it as a group. Every game is crucial."
Adam Jones, the reigning NLL Rookie of the Year, has been the team's most consistent offensive weapon this season. He's scored two or more goals in seven straight, and leads NLL forwards with 68 loose balls.
Calgary scorers Dane Dobbie and Shawn Evans present a challenge to any defense. Evans leads the NLL in points (72), 13 coming in a Roughnecks' win at Pepsi Center in late-January. Dobbie, meanwhile, leads the team in goals (30) and is tops in the NLL in power-play tallies (12).
"[Dobbie's] playing well for them," said Hamley. "He's very sneaky. He's not the fastest, not the biggest. Not to sell him short, but he's tough to deal with. As we say, he's a "hundred-hundred' guy - 100% of your focus 100% of the time."
The game will air live on the NLL Network on YouTube, with the TV broadcast on Altitude Sports & Entertainment on Monday, March 25 at 1pm MT.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 22, 2013
- Roughnecks Launch Kaleb Toth Night Warm-Up Jersey Auction In Support Of Juvenile Diabetes - Calgary Roughnecks
- Philadelphia Wings Captain Brodie Merrill to Host Youth Lacrosse Camp - Philadelphia Wings
- Mammoth Aims to Steal Another Victory in Calgary - Colorado Mammoth
- Rock Host Rush Sunday at 3pm - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Mammtoh Retiring Lacrosse Legend John Grant, Jr.'s No. 24 on March 24
- Five Straight Wins for the Colorado Mammoth
- Four Straight Wins for the Mammoth
- Mammoth Aiming for Fourth Consecutive Win on Military Appreciation Night
- the Mammoth Wins Colorado Pride Night 8-7