Mack's Pair of Goals Not Enough in Bugs' Latest Loss
The Shreveport Mudbugs (5-10-4) got a pair of goals from Jake Mack, but it wasn't enough as the reigning champions fell to the Odessa Jackalopes, 4-2 Friday night at Ector County Coliseum.
The Bugs had their chances in the opening period, but were unable to cash in. Odessa capitalized shorthanded as Tyler Behl couldn't handle a pass from the left point and it was Chris Duclair who raced in from the right side on a breakaway and wristed in his 10th tally of the season to give the Jacks a 1-0 lead at 9:50. Shreveport led in SOG, 8-6 after one.
The Bugs got off to a fast start to the 2nd period when Jake Mack got a juicy rebound in front and rammed in his second goal of the season to even the score, 1-1 just 43 seconds in. Logan Valkama kept the play alive and threw one towards the net and earned the assist on Mack's tally. Shreveport dominated the middle period in SOG, 15-8.
The Bugs gave up another shorthanded tally as Odessa came in on an odd-man rush and it was Trevor Taulien tapping in his fourth tally of the season from the short side to give the Jacks a 2-1 lead at 4:41 of the 3rd period. Shreveport responded on the PP when Mack smacked in his second goal of the game from the far corner as he elevated the puck past Alex Proctor to even the score, 2-2 at 7:11. Davis Goukler earned the only assist on Mack's third goal of the season. Duclair had a big game for Odessa as he raced in from the right again and squeezed in his second tally of the game beating Devon Bobak through his five-hole to give the Jacks a 3-2 edge at 13:20. The Bugs would pull Bobak in an attempt to tie it up again, but it was Liam O'Hare of the Jacks who lofted in the EN goal from the near corner of his own zone to seal up a 4-2 victory over Shreveport.
The Bugs have now dropped seven straight and ten of their past eleven games.
The Bugs and Jacks conclude this two-game series tomorrow night from Ector County Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:15 p.m. â
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Black Bears Topple Jr. Hat Tricks in 5-0 Win - Maryland Black Bears
- Jr. Hat Tricks Drop Series Finale in Maryland - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Tomahawks Earn 6-2 Win over Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Jacks Hand Mudbugs Their Seventh-Straight Loss with 4-2 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mack's Pair of Goals Not Enough in Bugs' Latest Loss - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Dumas and Keresztes Help Lead Titans to 7-3 Win over Nordiques - New Jersey Titans
- Jr. Hat Tricks Look to Complete Weekend-Sweep - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Rhinos Pushed Back by Wranglers 2-0 - El Paso Rhinos
- Wings Fall One Goal Short Friday - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.