Lubbock Cotton Kings Game at Rocky Mountain Rage Postponed
LUBBOCK, TX: December 20, 2006 - The Central Hockey League, in conjunction with the Lubbock Cotton Kings and the Rocky Mountain Rage, have officially postponed Thursday night's Lubbock Cotton Kings game against the host Broomfield, Colorado based Rocky Mountain Rage. The game is rescheduled for Wednesday, February 28, 2007 (8:05 PM - CST) at the Broomfield Events Center.
Allen Iverson is not the only individual that was having trouble trying to get to Denver today. The Lubbock Cotton Kings were originally scheduled to depart the Hub City for the Denver suburb of Broomfield this morning, but inclement weather, along with "Blizzard Warning" conditions, has dumped a large amount of snow in the Rocky Mountain State and has shutdown major throughways leading into the Denver area.
The blizzard condition forced the postponement of Thursday's game, but has not made an impact to the remainder of the "three-in-three" originally scheduled weekend. The Kings will leave for Rio Rancho, New Mexico Thursday to prepare for Friday night's contest against the New Mexico Scorpions before returning home to host the Amarillo Gorillas Saturday.
The Cotton Kings are competing in their eighth season of professional hockey in the South Plains. They return to action Friday in New Mexico and their next home game at the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum is scheduled for 7:05 PM on Saturday against Amarillo. Individual ticket and corporate sponsorship information is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional 'Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 20, 2006
- RiverKings Weekly News and Notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Lubbock Cotton Kings Game at Rocky Mountain Rage Postponed - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Scorpions continue to collect points - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings and Commercial Appeal partner for education program - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight's game postponed - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado Eagles Establish New Highs in Weekly CHL Coach's Poll - CHL
- Tomorrow's Rage Home Game Postponed Due to Weather - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Tonight's Eagles Game Postponed - Colorado Eagles
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.