Louisville City FC to Host New York Red Bulls II in Eastern Conference Final on Friday, November 2
LOUISVILLE - No. 2-seed Louisville City Football Club announced today that it will host No. 5-seed New York Red Bulls II in the Eastern Conference Final on Friday, Nov. 2 at Slugger Field. The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET with local broadcast details still to be announced.
Ticket sales for the Eastern Conference Final clash began on Sunday. Fans can purchase tickets to the match for just $10 online at www.LouisvilleCityFC.com/Playoffs or by phone at 502-LOU-CITY.
LouCity locked down its place in the final stage of conference play for the fourth straight season with a dominant 2-0 win over Bethlehem Steel FC on Saturday, October 27, while NYRBII secured a third straight trip to the conference final with a 1-0 win against FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati on the same day.
LouCity was 1-0-1 against Red Bulls II in the 2018 regular season. City split a point with the "Baby Bulls" in a wild 3-3 draw at Slugger Field on Saturday, June 30, with Magnus Rasmussen's stoppage-time equalizer preventing the visitors from stealing all three points. City then blistered Red Bulls II for six goals in a 6-4 win on Friday, August 10, with forward Cameron Lancaster scoring his first hat-trick of the year in his first start since returning from injury.
The matchup will mark the third consecutive year that Los Morados will take on NYRBII and the second straight year the decider will be played in Louisville. Falling on penalties in the 2016 Eastern Conference Final, LouCity got its revenge in the 2017 Eastern Conference final, defeating Red Bulls II on spot kicks, 4-3.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 29, 2018
- Energy FC Announce First Set of Roster Moves - OKC Energy FC
- Fresno FC and Jose Ramirez Team up to Support Martinez Family - Fresno FC
- Louisville City FC to Host New York Red Bulls II in Eastern Conference Final on Friday, November 2 - Louisville City FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Lucky's Goal Lifts LouCity Past Ottawa Fury, 1-0
- Louisville City President Brad Estes a Finalist for Executive of the Year
- Louisville City: the Week Ahead
- Louisville City Signs 16-Year-Old Local Star as First Academy Player
- Louisville City Announces Partnership with AEG