Louisville City FC Sign West and Reynolds
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Tuesday, January 13th, 2015) -- Louisville City FC, the new USL PRO team that will start play in March of 2015, announced today two more signings that will suit-up for the city's new soccer team this upcoming season. Longtime pro Adam West, formerly with FC Edmonton of the NASL, and Sean Reynolds, formerly with FH-Ingor of Iceland's Urvalsdield join Louisville City as defenders with a plethora of professional experience.
West, the 28-year-old out of Gig Harbor, Washington, comes to Louisville City after making ten appearances with FC Edmonton in 2012. In 2011, West nearly won an NASL title with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers a year after he was part of the regular season championship squad in 2010 with the Rochester Rhinos. In his first year as a pro West was part of the 2007 USL First Division Champions, Seattle Sounders, and returned to the Sounders development team in 2013 and 2014 to regain form after a few injuries.
"Adam was without a doubt one of the best players at the professional combine we hosted in November," head coach James O'Connor said. "He will provide a great attacking threat for us from left full-back, and we are extremely pleased to have someone of Adam's ability on board for our inaugural season."
Another defender bringing in quality experience, the 24-year-old Reynolds competed in the top league in Iceland and European competition last season in the Europa League. Before playing a season with FH-Ingor, the Fort Walton Beach, Florida native was a member of former USL PRO team VSI Tampa Bay FC where he scored his first professional goal, heading a ball into the back of the net in a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Blues. Reynolds spent three seasons in the USL's Premier Development League prior to becoming a professional including one season with the Orlando City U-23 squad.
"Sean gained great experience while playing in the Premier League in Iceland and the Europa League," O'Connor said. "He can play a number of positions and will be a great asset that gives us flexibility in our first season,"
West and Reynolds are the fourth and fifth players that have officially been announced by the club and added to the 2015 roster.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from January 13, 2015
- Luzunaris Announces Retirement - Rochester Rhinos
- Louisville City FC Sign West and Reynolds - Louisville City FC
- Ambersley Becomes First Signing for Saint Louis FC - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Louisville City FC Confirms International Call-Ups for Midfielder Devon "Speedy" Williams, Defender Shaun Francis
- 2018 USL Cup Celebration Set for Tuesday, November 13 at Headliners Music Hall
- Louisville City FC Repeats as USL Cup Champions
- Louisville City FC to Host New York Red Bulls II in Eastern Conference Final on Friday, November 2
- Louisville City FC Books Place in the Eastern Conference Final with 2-0 Shutout over Steel FC