Lookouts Pitching Shines in 6-1 Win
The Chattanooga Lookouts shutout inning streak ended at 18 innings, but the team defeated the Pensacola Blue Wahoos by a score of 6-1.
Left-hander Nick Lodolo was great once again for the Lookouts but left the game in the third inning. Before his exit, he struck out seven in 3.1 innings and lowered his ERA to 0.90.
In the first inning, the home squad jumped out to a 2-0 lead on a fielder's choice and an RBI single by Lorenzo Cedrola. The offense added one more in the fifth and two more in in the seventh to make it 6-0. The team's shutout steak ended in the ninth when Jerar Encarnacion hit a sacrifice fly.
Chattanooga's bullpen finished the day only allowed one run in 5.2 innings. Tuesday's starter Matt Pidich relieved Lodolo and got the win.
Tomorrow's game starts at 2:15 p.m. with gates at 1:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A South League message board...
Double-A South League Stories from June 12, 2021
- Wahoos Offense Sputters in 6-1 Loss - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Lookouts Pitching Shines in 6-1 Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Kingham, M-Braves Clinch Another Series Win on Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- A Six Pack for the Pandas with a 7-1 Victory - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- Trash Pandas Win Big over Smokies on Saturday - Tennessee Smokies
- Small Strikes out 12 in Pitchers Duel against M-Braves - Biloxi Shuckers
- Pinto, Biscuits Walk off Barons, 5-4 in 10 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Saturday, June 12 at Biloxi Shuckers: 6:35 PM: MGM Park - Mississippi Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.