Loggers Announce First Signings of 2020 in Harris and Hodges
La Crosse, Wis. - The La Crosse Loggers Baseball Club announced on Thursday the signing of two outfielders from the University of Arkansas. Outfielder Trey Harris will be returning to La Crosse in the summer of 2020 and will be joined by new Razorbacks teammate Jason Hodges.
Sophomore Trey Harris returns to the Loggers roster after an impactful 2019 campaign in which he appeared in 33 games and made 32 starts in the outfield for La Crosse. Harris arrived in late June for the Loggers last season, and for good reason as the standout freshman made strong contributions to a Razorbacks club that finished 46-18 and advanced to the 2019 NCAA College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, NE for the fifth time in ten years. Harris hit .257 with three doubles and nine RBIs in his first year with Arkansas after being recruited as the No. 5-ranked player and second-ranked outfielder in the state of Arkansas according to Perfect Game.
The 5-foot-10, right-handed hitting Little Rock, AR native hit .252 in 131 at-bats for the Loggers last year, but saw his average well above the .300-mark for the majority of the 2019 summer. Prior to August 1, Harris slashed .313/.358/.444 with four doubles and three home runs.
Harris leads off 2nd base in a 2019 Loggers home contest at Copeland Park
Joining Harris in La Crosse for the 2020 summer will be freshman outfielder Jason Hodges from Park Forest, IL. Hodges is a 6-foot-3, 215-pound freshman from Marist High School in southern Chicago where he hit a combined .340 with 20 doubles and 12 home runs in two varsity seasons, driving in 62 RBIs in 63 total games played. The high school standout is ranked as the top outfielder and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Illinois, as well as the No. 8 outfielder and is a top-50 ranked player in the nation. Hodges was all over Major League Draft boards in 2019 and was selected in the 34th round out of high school by the Cincinnati Reds. The strong right-handed hitting freshman displays big time power at the plate, rating in the 98th and 99th percentile for the class of 2019 in exit velocity and barrel speed, respectively.Â Primarily an outfielder in high school, Hodges will also see time at first base for the Razorbacks this spring after showing good potential at the position during the fall season.
Hodges celebrates go-ahead HR in Marist High School sectional title game
The signing of Harris and Hodges marks back-to-back seasons of Razorbacks playing in a La Crosse uniform and they join Loggers alum Jimmy Bosco (2011-12) as former Razorbacks to play at the Lumberyard.
For a chance to see these players and the rest of our 2020 La Crosse Loggers, check out our Flex & Food Plan holiday special for great ticket package value and a FREE Loggers stocking cap while supplies last!
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from December 12, 2019
- Alumni Update: Casey Gillaspie - Eau Claire Express
- Booyah to Hold First Winter Warmup Event on January 9th - Green Bay Booyah
- Rox Pitcher of the Year, Team MVP Both Set to Return for 2020 Season - St. Cloud Rox
- 27th Annual Kalamazoo Blues Fest Comes to Homer Stryker Field - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Loggers Announce First Signings of 2020 in Harris and Hodges - La Crosse Loggers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent La Crosse Loggers Stories
- Loggers Add Two Right-Handed Pitchers to 2020 Roster
- NWL Foundation to Award 22 Youth Equipment Grants in 2020; Youth Baseball Grant to be Awarded in La Crosse Market
- Jimmie Allen and Chase Bryant Set to Headline Copeland Summer Kickoff Concert on May 24, 2020
- Loggers Add Perry and Hahn from UCLA
- La Crosse Loggers to Host 2020 Major League Dreams Showcase