Lions Re-Sign Desmond Reece
The re-signing period for the NAL has begun and the Columbus Lions have made their first move, re-signing wide receiver Desmond Reece. Reece was a part of the Lions dangerous passing attack and the primary kick returner for Columbus.
Despite being the Lions fourth receiver on the depth chart for the majority of the season, Reece put up big numbers, finishing 13th or higher in every major receiving category in the NAL.
He finished fourth on the Lions in receptions (38) and touchdowns (10) but he was third on the team in receiving yards with 413.
As the Lions receiving corps dealt with injuries throughout the season, Romond Deloatch and Antwane Grant both missed time during the season, Reece was able to step up in their absence and keep the offense going.
He was a dangerous return man as well, leading the league in total returns (18) and return yards (285). Following the conclusion of the regular season, Reece was selected to Second Team All-NAL, one of five Lions to be selected.
Now, as the Lions look to make another run at the NAL Championship, they will have Reece back on the field with hopes to build off of last year's success.
• Discuss this story on the National Arena League message board...
National Arena League Stories from October 11, 2021
- Lions Re-Sign Desmond Reece - Columbus Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Lions Stories
- Lions Head to San Antonio for Shootout with the Gunslingers
- Week 2 Preview: Columbus Lions vs. San Antonio Gunslingers
- Lions Complete 2nd Straight 4th Quarter Comeback, Defeat Gunslingers 46-45
- Week 2 Preview: Columbus Lions Vs. San Antonio Gunslingers
- Cardiac Columbus: Lions Defeat Sharks 56-49 in Overtime Thriller