Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win
Las Vegas (NV) - Most considered it difficult, nearly impossible for Lights FC to go undefeated in their three-game homestand. Yet, here we are. Las Vegas closed off their third of three matches at Cashman Field with a 3-1 win against an Orange County SC squad that began the day as the number one ranked team in USL Championship's Power Rankings.
The visiting side from Southern California took the lead with Aodhan Quinn scoring a penalty kick 12 minutes into the match.
Las Vegas also tied the score with a set-piece. Junior Burgos curled in a corner kick that Ramon Martin Del Campo knocked in with a header to level the scoreboard just 6 minutes later. This was the second consecutive game where Martin Del Campo has scored a goal for the Lights.
In the second half both teams recorded five shots on target, but only Las Vegas found the back of the net and they did it twice. Blake Frischknecht has showed his value for Lights FC, with the rookie scoring his first goal as a professional in the 84th minute to give his hometown team a 2-1 lead. Honduras native Junior Sandoval sealed the victory for the Lights in added time with his first goal of the 2020 season. Both goals in the second half were assisted by FC Cincinnati loanee Rashawn Dally.
With this seven point week, Las Vegas is now six points away from the second playoff spot in Group B of USL Championship's Western Conference.
On Sunday Lights FC will play on the road against L.A. Galaxy II. The next home game for Las Vegas will be on Wednesday, September 2 against San Diego Loyal SC, followed with another match at Cashman Field on Saturday, September 5 versus Phoenix Rising FC.
0-1: (OC) Aodhan Quinn ('12) 1-1: (LV) Ramon Martin Del Campo ('18) 2-1: (LV) Blake Frischknecht ('84) 3-1: (LV) Junior Sandoval ('90+2)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 26, 2020
- LouCity Topples Indy, Closes in on First Place - Louisville City FC
- Independence Records Win for the History Books with 1-0 Victory against North Carolina FC - Charlotte Independence
- Battery Defeat Miami 3-1 - Charleston Battery
- Battery Continue Hot Form in Victory vs. Miami - Miami FC
- Ortiz's Strike Lifts Independence Past North Carolina - Charlotte Independence
- NCFC Unable to Score against Charlotte Independence Despite 60 Percent Possession - North Carolina FC
- USL Issues Statement on Hartford Athletic Head Coach Rahdi Jaidi - USL
- Preview: Austin Bold FC at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Austin Bold FC
- Romario Williams Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Miami FC
- Around the Leagues Ã¢ÂÂ USL, NWSL and MLS - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Hartford Athletic - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Welcome to the Bold Familia, Cristian Ortiz - Austin Bold FC
- August 26 Match Preview - Charleston Battery
- OC Suffer Loss to Las Vegas - Orange County SC
- Reno 1868 FC adds midfielder Jesus Enriquez - Reno 1868 FC
- NCFC Youth, North Carolina Football Club, and the Bucy Foundation Team up to Build 5 Mini-Pitches - North Carolina FC
- Purchase FC Tulsa Tickets in Advance and Save Money for Saturday's Match - FC Tulsa
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 10 - USL
- Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Closes 2020 Season
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip
- 11-Year Major League Soccer Veteran MLS Cup Champion Quincy Amarikwa Signs with Lights FC
- Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win