Lightning Run Out of Gas in 2nd OT
(MONCTON, NB) The London Lightning started their last east coast swing off on the wrong foot by coming up short in a double overtime game against the Moncton Magic. The Bolts came out strong in the first half playing tough defense and had an 8 point lead heading into halftime but the Magic fought back to force overtime. It took 2 extra frames to decide this one but ultimately it was the Magic who made the plays in the second overtime to pull of the win.
Mo Bolden lead the way offensively for the Lightning. He finished with 18 points, AJ Gaines scored 17 off the bench, Kevin Ware and Garrett Williamson each added 16 points, Jaylen Babb Harrison scored 14 points, Marvin Phillips had a double double with 12 points and 10 rebounds and Marcus Capers had 11.
The next Lightning game will come Friday night, February 1, 2019 when the Bolts head out east once again to take on the Cape Breton Highlanders. The next matchup for Lightning at home comes on February 7th when they will take on the Windsor Express for 5th times this season. For tickets to any upcoming games, visit the Budweiser Gardens Box Office or go to www.lightningbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 30, 2019
- Lightning Run Out of Gas in 2nd OT - London Lightning
- Highlanders Sign Landon Atterberry, Release McCullough - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Busy Week for Five as Push for Playoffs Begins & Five Announce Roster Move Ahead of Pair of Road Games - Sudbury Five
- Top Two Defensive Teams Go Down to the Wire - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.