Lightning Defeat A's
(BRAMPTON, Ontario) - Friday night, at the Powerade Centre in Brampton, the London Lightning defeated the Brampton A's 112-107.
The Lightning now stand at 13-9.
"We followed the game plan tonight. We came out focused, we matched their intensity on the floor and we played a solid 48 minutes," said Coach Carlos Knox.
Top point scorer for the Lightning was former Brampton player Brent Jennings with 33 points. Emmanuel Little contributed 25 points and nine rebounds and Darnell Lazare chipped in 16 points.
The Lightning now go on to play back to back games against their 401 rivals, the Windsor Express. The Bolts travel to Windsor on Wednesday and then play the Express again on Thursday night at Budweiser Gardens.
Before the Lightning game on Thursday, February 5, the Lightning will host over 8,000 Thames Valley District School Board students for the first ever "Be A Champ Day' at Budweiser Gardens. Students will be treated to an afternoon of motivational speakers and entertainers including anti-bullying activist Saidat.
Tip-off for the Lightning game on February 5 is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available through the Budweiser Gardens Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 30, 2015
- A's Drop Second in a Row to Lightning - Orangeville A's
- Lightning Defeat A's - London Lightning
- Storm Win Tough One in Mississauga - Island Storm
- Late Storm Surge Buries Power 124-118 - Mississauga Power
- Parham Dealt to Windsor for First Rounder - Windsor Express
- Rainmen Sign Forward Jermaine Dailey - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.