Lancers Continue 6-Game Road Trip With Trio Of Games Out East
The Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) continue their season-long six-game road trip this week with the team's first three-game week of the 2010-2011 season. Omaha (6-4-1, 13 Pts.) enters Week 8 of USHL competition having won three of its last four contests overall to vault into fifth place in the Western Conference. After a 2-1 setback in Sioux Falls this past Friday, the Lancers responded just 24 hours later with a 5-2 victory over the Fargo Force. The action away from home continues for Omaha this Wednesday with a special 10:30 AM (EST) showdown with the expansion Muskegon Lumberjacks. Muskegon (5-5-3, 13 Pts.) dropped a pair of road contests of its own this past weekend with a 5-4 overtime defeat in Des Moines on Friday followed by a 4-1 loss at the Dubuque Fighting Saints on Saturday. The Lumberjacks had won three straight contests before this weekend and currently sit in a tie for third place in the Eastern Conference with the Waterloo Black Hawks.
After an off-day Thursday, the Lancers road swing continues Friday at the Covelli Center in Youngstown, Ohio against the Phantoms. After a blistering 4-1 start, Youngstown (5-8-1, 11 Pts.) has dropped eight of its last nine games overall and is currently sixth among the eight teams in the Eastern Conference. The Phantoms are coming off a 6-3 win in Indiana to close out last weekend - a victory that snapped the team's eight-game winless skid. Omaha swept last season's four-game series with Youngstown.
Finally, the Lancers busy week concludes in Ann Arbor, Michigan Saturday evening against the U.S. National Team Developmental Program's (USNTDP) Under-18 team. Team USA (a combination of both the Under-17 & Under-18 squads) is 3-8-1 against USHL competition this season. Specifically the U-18 team is 2-3-1 against USHL clubs this season. Team USA as a whole, with just seven standings points, is currently eighth among the eight teams in the Eastern Conference.
Wednesday, November 17th @ Muskegon Lumberjacks, 10:30 AM EST (9:30 AM CDT), L.C. Walker Arena
**Programming Note - As a result of a scheduling conflict on 1290 AM KKAR, Wednesday's broadcast will instead be aired on 1180 AM KOIL locally in Omaha beginning with the Valpakdeals.com pre-game show at 9:15 AM CDT. Live streaming audio can be found online at www.koilam1180.com.
Friday, November 19th @ Youngstown Phantoms, 7:30 PM EST (6:30 PM CDT), Covelli Center
Saturday, November 20th @ USNTDP U18, 7:05 PM EST (6:05 PM CDT), Ann Arbor Ice Cube
**Radio coverage for both Friday and Saturday's games can be found on 1290 AM KKAR or www.1290kkar.com beginning with the Valpakdeals.com pre-game show at 6:15 PM CDT Friday and 5:50 PM CDT Saturday.
NEWS & NOTES FOR THE WEEK
- Forward Nick Oddo currently leads all Lancers in scoring with nine points (3G, 6A). The Omaha native is currently in the midst of a five-game scoring streak (2G, 5A).
- After being held scoreless through the first six games of the season, Tom O'Regan has exploded offensively over the last two weeks. He's currently second among all Omaha skaters with seven points (2G, 5A) and has registered all of those points during his recent four-game scoring streak.
- The Lancers are currently the USHL's second best defensive team averaging just 2.09 goals against per game. Omaha has surrendered just 23 goals against in 11 games this season.
- The Muskegon Lumberjacks are the most penalized team in the USHL through the first seven weeks of the season. Muskegon has already compiled 460 penalty minutes (PIM) as a team and is currently averaging a league-high 35.4 PIM per game.
- Muskegon's Ryan Misiak enters the week tied for the USHL scoring lead with 18 points. Misiak is tied for second overall (along with teammate Matt Berry) with eight goals and is tied for third with 10 assists.
- Lumberjacks defenseman Alexx Privitera currently leads all USHL defensemen with 14 points this season thanks to four goals and 10 assists. No other USHL blueliner has yet to reach double digit points.
- Muskegon's penalty kill enters the week last among the 16 teams in the USHL at just 77.0%. The Lumberjacks have surrendered a league-high 17 power play goals against through 13 games.
- During Youngstown's recent eight-game winless skid, the Phantoms were outscored 36-14 by the opposition and suffered only one one-goal defeat.
- Team USA's Rocco Grimaldi leads all U-18 scorers with 10 points in six games this season. Grimaldi has registered four goals and six assists, including a five-point game on October 9th in a 10-3 win vs. Muskegon.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2010
- Scott Mayfield Named Junior 'A' Challenge MVP, USA Claims Gold Medal - Youngstown Phantoms
- "Behind the Glass" with the Youngstown Phantoms on ESPN 1240 - Youngstown Phantoms
- USHL Names Berry CCM Offensive Player of the Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Phantoms Pages: Week 7 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Denis Headed to Ferris State Next Season - Tri-City Storm
- Berry, Doerring, and Hjelle Earn Weekly USHL Awards - USHL
- Waterloo Black Hawks Name Players of the Week - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Lancers Continue 6-Game Road Trip With Trio Of Games Out East - Omaha Lancers
- Ice Home for Two this Week - Indiana Ice
- Stampede Close out Homestand this Weekend - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Bringing Home the Gold - Green Bay Gamblers
- Vienneau, Parker, Noel-Bernier to Make Radio Show Debut Tonight - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.