Lakers Recall Sun Yue From D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have recalled guard Sun Yue from the NBA Development League's Los Angeles D-Fenders, it was announced today.
Sun, who became the 25th NBA player assigned to a D-League affiliate this season on March 6, played 4 games (4 starts) with the D-Fenders, averaging 10.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.25 blocks in 36.0 minutes.
Originally selected by the Lakers in the second round (40th overall) of the 2007 NBA Draft, Sun signed with the Lakers the following summer (August 25, 2008) shortly after representing China as a member of the Men's Olympic Basketball Team in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
Making his NBA debut on December 7 versus Milwaukee with four points on 2-of-3 shooting in five minutes, Sun has appeared in 10 games with the Lakers this season, totaling six points, two assists, a steal and a blocked shot in 28 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2009
- Idaho Extends First Place Lead With Road Victory - Utah Flash
- Flash Game Tonight - Utah Flash
- Lakers Recall Sun Yue From D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Austin's Dwayne Jones Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Sunday's Game at 3:30 p.m. - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt