LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and LAFC Gaming announced today a first-of-its-kind partnership with McDonald's Southern California franchisees, making the global restaurant brand the "Official Marketing Partner of LAFC Gaming" beginning with the 2021 eMLS season.
"We are so excited to introduce our great partner McDonald's of Southern California to the eMLS and LAFC gaming space," said LAFC Co-President Larry Freedman. "McDonald's is an industry leader who shares our vision of expanding the Black & Gold fanbase digitally and supports our efforts to advance the game of soccer in Los Angeles."
A partner of the Club since 2018, McDonald's of Southern California serves as the first-ever corporate sponsor of LAFC Gaming. As part of the partnership, McDonald's will serve as the presenting partner for the Club's brand-new gaming room located at LAFC's business headquarters in downtown Los Angeles.
"Through this partnership with LAFC Gaming, McDonald's of Southern California will provide the support needed to bolster the local gaming community while also expanding the soccer fan base throughout Los Angeles," said Richard Shalhoub, association president of the local McDonald's franchisee group and owner of 31 McDonald's restaurants in Palm Springs/Riverside County. "We're thrilled to support our partners at LAFC and LAFC Gaming with the new cutting-edge gaming room."
Specifically designed for streaming, the state-of-the-art gaming hub offers a private space for the Club's eMLS player, Martin "RemiMartinn" Oregel to play, stream, and compete throughout the eMLS season. The private room, complete with a custom-built computer optimized for streaming, includes a dual monitor setup with webcam, lighting, and microphone.
LAFC announced the official re-signing of Martin "RemiMartinn" Oregel this past December. The nationally ranked FIFA professional returns for the Club's second eMLS season after a productive first season with the Black & Gold in 2020. Martin qualified in the top eight for each of the two MLS Gaming regular season events and finished the 2020 eMLS season in 5th place with a 14-5-5 record.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 2, 2021
- Voting Open for Seattle Sports Commission's 86th Annual Sports Star of the Year Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Whitecaps FC and Winger David MilinkoviÃÂ Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Announce Greg Vanney's Coaching Staff - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Signs Goalkeeper Spencer Richey - Seattle Sounders FC
- Quakes Foundation to Host Virtual Race in March - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal - Los Angeles FC
- Rapids Legend Pablo Mastroeni Named to National Soccer Hall of Fame Ballot - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Former Players and Executives Named as Finalists for the National Soccer Hall of Fame - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder PrzemysÃ Âaw Frankowski Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- Rapids Sign Goalkeeper William Yarbrough to Three-Year Contract from Liga MX's Club Leon - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Alumni Announced as Finalists for National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2021 - New England Revolution
- MNUFC Sign New Contracts for Jacori Hayes, Brent Kallman, Callum Montgomery and Adrian Zendejas - Minnesota United FC
- The CW Austin, KXAN-TV, KBVO-TV and Austin FC Announce Historic First-Ever English Language Broadcast Partnership - Austin FC
- Atlanta United Waives Adam Jahn - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Teams up with 710 Am ESPN and KFWB 980 La Mera Mera for 2021 Radio Broadcasts
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
- LAFC Wrap up Preseason, Play New England to 3-3 Draw
- LAFC Hosts New England in Final Preseason Match Saturday at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC to Host over 700 Vaccinated Essential Workers at Saturday's Preseason Match