LA Galaxy Announce Hispanic Heritage Night Details for Home Match against Portland Timbers on Saturday, September 30
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy today announced Hispanic Heritage Night details for their home match against the Portland Timbers, presented by CalHOPE, at Dignity Health Sports Park on Saturday, Sept. 30 (7:30 p.m. PT; MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, LA Galaxy Radio, LA Galaxy Spanish Radio).
Ten thousand LA Galaxy x Marlene Solorio Hispanic Heritage Month posters will be given away as fans enter the stadium. Fifteen thousand bags of tortilla chips will be given away to fans as they leave Dignity Health Sports Park, courtesy of Siete.
The Hispanic Heritage Month Pre-Match Top is available in the LA Galaxy Team Store, while supplies last. The kit is inspired by Latin candies that are cherished throughout their culture, with the goal of honoring the passion and energy that Latin players bring to the game of soccer. The Hispanic Heritage Month scarf is also available at all LA Galaxy Team Store locations.
In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Night, the Día de Los Muertos Sugar Skull Mug ticket package is available for fans to purchase. The offer includes one mug and one ticket to the game.
CalHOPE Courage Award Halftime Recognition
The CalHOPE Courage Award, recognizes two student-athletes at California colleges and universities monthly for overcoming the stress, anxiety and mental trauma associated with personal hardships and adversity. The Galaxy and CalHOPE will be honoring UC Irvine soccer player Jenika Davis, who battled Acute Myeloid Leukemia during her freshman soccer season.
SoccerFest & NW Pad
The first 500 fans in SoccerFest will score a limited-edition Billy Sharp Tee. All shirts are size XL, and they will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. The LA Galaxy Foundation, LA Galaxy Programming, LA Galaxy 2024 Season Ticket Memberships and Cozmo's Cadets will have their usual booths at SoccerFest, with Kinecta, Fiji Airways, Pirnia Law, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Herbalife, CalHOPE and the LA Kings also in attendance. The NW Pad, located outside the NW stadium gate, will have the LA Times, the LA Galaxy Merch Truck and the Kinecta Ice Cream Truck activating on site for fans to interact with.
LA Galaxy Foundation
The LA Galaxy Foundation will be auctioning off player-signed adidas Royal 2023 MLS Works Kick Childhood Cancer x Marvel Pre-Match Tops. The online auction will open on Saturday, September 30 at 3:30 p.m. PT and will close at the 75th minute of the match. Fans can text GALAXY to 76278 to bid. The Hero of the Match is Gunnery Sergeant Stephanie A. Torres of the United States Marine Corps. Gunnery Sergeant Torres' personal awards and decorations include the Navy and Marine Corps Accommodation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with 4 gold stars in lieu of 5th award and the Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal with 3 stars in lieu of 4th award. The Community Partner of the Match is Heart of Los Angeles, HOLA. Fans can check out HOLA at SoccerFest to learn more about how they help young people overcome barriers through integrated programs and personalized guidance.
LA Galaxy Playoff Push
Following the 3-3 come-from-behind draw on the road against Austin FC at Q2 Stadium on Sept 24, the LA Galaxy improved to 6-2-7 (32 GF, 27 GA) in their last 15 regular season matches played dating back to May 31. During that span, LA ranks tied for second in the league in goals scored with Atlanta United (32) behind only the Columbus Crew (35) and has lost the fewest games (2) in MLS. With five games remaining this season, the LA Galaxy (29 GP, 8-11-10, 34 PTS) sit in 13th place in the Western Conference standings and five points behind ninth place FC Dallas (29 GP, 10-10-9, 39 PTS) for the final playoff spot. The Galaxy enter Saturday's match against the Portland Timbers holding an unbeaten record of 5-0-2 (16 GF, 9 GA) in seven regular-season matches played at home dating back to June 21.
DJ Eder Chedder will be performing for fans at Extra Time, the LA Galaxy's post-match party in the American Express Stadium Club, following the game.
Saturday's match marks the 36th meeting across all competitions between the Galaxy and the Portland Timbers, with LA leading the all-time series 14-13-8. Against Portland, LA holds a 13-11-8 record in league play and a 1-2-0 record in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. In the first meeting between the two teams during the 2023 campaign, the Galaxy and the Timbers played to a scoreless draw at Providence Park on March 25. In 16 all-time regular-season matches home matches played against Portland at Dignity Health Sports Park, the Galaxy hold a 9-3-4 record. Notably, LA is unbeaten in its last five regular-season matches played against the Timbers (3-0-2; 10 GF, 4 GA) dating back to July 30, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 26, 2023
- Nashville SC Announces Winners for 2023 Club Awards - Nashville SC
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Reach First Final Under Ted Segal, Pat Onstad and Ben Olsen - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids Welcome Vancouver Whitecaps for Rescheduled Western Conference Matchup - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Announce Hispanic Heritage Night Details for Home Match against Portland Timbers on Saturday, September 30 - LA Galaxy
- MLS NEXT Pro Announce Round One Playoff Matches - Philadelphia Union
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Sounders FC Unveils Brand Evolution, Officially Releasing Updated Crest, Colors and Associated Marks Ahead of Club's 50th Anniversary in 2024 - Seattle Sounders FC
- The Pitch - Matchday 35: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Inter Miami CF and Houston Dynamo FC to Face off in U.S. Open Cup Final this Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- New York City Football Club's Final Match of 2023 Regular Season Moved to Citi Field - New York City FC
- Sporting KC to Host Blood Drive on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Pat Noonan Highlights Communication as a Key Factor to Building, Maintaining Trust with Players - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC and Tigres UANL to Headline 2023 Campeones Cup on Wednesday, September 27 at BMO Stadium - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 at PayPal Park on Saturday Night
- LA Galaxy Square off against San Jose Earthquakes at PayPal Park Tonight, Saturday, March 2
- Delgado Appeal Successful
- LA Galaxy Earn 1-1 Draw Against Inter Miami CF Before Regular-Season Record Attendance of 27,642 Fans at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday Night
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Inter Miami CF at Dignity Health Sports Park Tonight, Sunday, February 25