Kyle Buchanan Named NLL Sportsmanship Award Finalist
The National Lacrosse League announced today that Seals assistant captain Kyle Buchanan has been named a finalist for the 2019-20 NLL Sportsmanship Award. This award honors those with the greatest combination of character and performance.
Buchanan, 32, recorded only four penalty minutes throughout the 2019-20 NLL campaign, finishing the season with 12 goals and 39 points. The righty served as an assistant captain for the Seals for the second consecutive year and helped lead the team to a 6-6 record. Buchanan won the NLL Sportsmanship Award in 2015 and was named a finalist for the 2019 NLL Teammate of the Year Award.
Buchanan was nominated for the NLL Sportsmanship Award along with Lyle Thompson from the Georgia Swarm and Curtis Knight from the Rochester Knighthawks. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 30.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from June 25, 2020
- Ward, Hope, Jenner, Hutchings Named Finalists for 2019-20 National Lacrosse League Awards - Colorado Mammoth
- Shayne Jackson, Mike Poulin, and Lyle Thompson Named Finalists for NLL 2019-20 End of Season Awards - Georgia Swarm
- Kyle Buchanan Named NLL Sportsmanship Award Finalist - San Diego Seals
- Connor Fields Named NLL Rookie of the Year Finalist - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.