Connor Fields Named NLL Rookie of the Year Finalist
The National Lacrosse League announced today that Seals rookie forward Connor Fields has been named a finalist for the 2019-20 NLL Rookie of the Year Award.
Fields, 24, led all rookies in points (44) and goals (18) during the 2019-20 NLL season. He ranked second in assists (26) and power play goals (5), and was the only forward to rank in the top-five in loose balls (73) amongst rookies. The lefty appeared in all 12 games for the Seals and recorded four games with five or more points. Fields was named the NLL Rookie of the Week after a six-point performance against Colorado in Las Vegas. The New York native was drafted 10th overall by the Seals in the 2018 NLL Entry Draft.
Fields was named a NLL Rookie of the Year finalist along with Tyson Gibson from the New York Riptide and Andrew Kew from the New England Black Wolves. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 30.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from June 25, 2020
- Ward, Hope, Jenner, Hutchings Named Finalists for 2019-20 National Lacrosse League Awards - Colorado Mammoth
- Shayne Jackson, Mike Poulin, and Lyle Thompson Named Finalists for NLL 2019-20 End of Season Awards - Georgia Swarm
- Kyle Buchanan Named NLL Sportsmanship Award Finalist - San Diego Seals
- Connor Fields Named NLL Rookie of the Year Finalist - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.