Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls
The games just keep coming. Up next for City, the New York Red Bulls on Sunday at Exploria Stadium. Sunday's match will be the second and final meeting of the regular season between the two sides. Here is what you need to know about the Red Bulls.
The only addition the Red Bulls have made since they met City is the signing of forward Tom Barlow from Red Bulls II. Since joining the first team, Barlow has scored two goals in six appearances.
Daniel Royer has been the Red Bulls' leading man all season in the attack. The midfielder leads the team in goals with seven and assists with six.
New York's road form in the last five hasn't been great (1-3-1) with the win coming against Cincinnati back on May 25th. In their five most recent matches, consistency has been an issue with a 2-2-1 record.
City are 4-5-1 all-time against the New York Red Bulls. However, in the last two seasons, City are 3-2-0 against the side from New Jersey.
Rasmussen College Fun Fact
The Red Bulls have a couple of connections with City. This will be the first visit to Exploria Stadium for defender Amro Tarek and Assistant Coach CJ Brown as the opposition.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 21, 2019
- Orlando City Drop 1-0 Result to New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Post-Game Notes: New York Red Bulls 1, Orlando City SC 0 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: July 22 - July 27, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- New England Revolution Downs FC Cincinnati 2-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Defeat FC Cincinnati, 2-0 - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United Tops D.C. United 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Fall to Atlanta United 2-0 on the Road - D.C. United
- Storylines | City vs. New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 21, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- MNUFC Take a Point from Rugged Road Game against RSL - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes outshoot Vancouver 32-6, outscore Whitecaps FC 3-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.