Kings look to end San Diego's 34-game winning streak with US Open win
Congratulations to Allen Eller for being named PASL All-League Second Team!
In a rematch of last year's championship game, the Cincinnati Kings and San Diego Sockers will meet for the US Open title on Saturday, March 17, at 7:35 p.m. at the Cincinnati Gardens. Tickets are $10, adults and $8, youth, and are available at the box office of the Cincinnati Gardens.
Last year the Kings fell to the Sockers in the title game at San Diego, 13-6.
The Kings are back in the finals of the Arena Soccer championship after defeating Vitesse Dallas, 10-5 in the semifinals. The Kings Allen Eller had two goals and three assists and Kwame Sarkodie posted a hat trick to lead the Kings.
The Sockers are riding a 34 game winning streak, the second longest winning streak in U.S. professional sports history behind only the 1971-72 Los Angeles Lakers. The Sockers also just completed a 16-0 regular season in the Professional Arena Soccer League, the first perfect regular season in PASL history.
The US Open Arena Soccer Championship is a cup style tournament for all Professional Arena Soccer League and PASL-Premier teams. Founded in 2008, the US Open competition is open to all leagues and independent teams in the United States. Almost 50 indoor soccer teams were eligible to compete this season.
Group tickets available for the US Open Championships on March 17
The US Open match is set for Saturday, March 17, 7:35 p.m. at the Cincinnati Gardens. Tickets are $10, adults; $8, youth.
Group tickets are available for the US Open Championship. The discounted tickets ($8, adults and $6, youth) are available by contacting Jackie Reau with the number of tickets (adult + youth) and the name of the group. All tickets will be left at will call at the Cincinnati Gardens for pick up on March 17 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from March 7, 2012
- Kraig Chiles Repeats as PASL MVP - San Diego Sockers
- PASL-Premier National Finals Share Stage with Ron Newman Cup - PASL
- Sockers Chiles Repeats as PASL MVP - PASL
- Kings look to end San Diego's 34-game winning streak with US Open win - Cincinnati Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Kings Stories
- San Diego Defends US Open Title over Cincinnati Kings
- Kings host PASL Champs, San Diego, on Saturday for US Open finals
- Kings look to end San Diego's 34-game winning streak with US Open win
- Kings drop one to Detroit, turn focus to US Open Championship
- Waza Spoil Kings' Playoff Hopes Before Record Crowd