Kevin Buchanan Dealt to Boston from Minnesota Swarm
Boston, MA Kevin Buchanan from the Minnesota Swarm will join the Boston Blazers offense this season following a trade this morning for Boston's forward Mat Giles and a first round pick in the 2012 entry draft. The Blazers also receive Minnesota's fourth round pick in the 2010 entry draft.
Boston received Giles in a trade from the Philadelphia Wings at the trade deadline last season in exchange for transition player Dave Cutten and future considerations. Giles stepped in as a strong offensive veteran and helped the Blazers clinch their second consecutive playoff berth.
Buchanan was selected in the first round (11th overall) by the Swarm in the 2008 NLL Entry Draft and led in scoring among the team's rookies in his first season. He finished fourth overall in points (22 goals, 23 assists) and was also named to the 2009 NLL All-Rookie Team.
"While we are disappointed to see Mat go, we are excited to have Kevin join us this season," said Doug Reffue, Blazers President and General Manager. "He is a young local talent that made an immediate splash on the NLL scene and was a great presence on the field this summer with the Boston Cannons."
A native of Cockeysville, MD, the twenty-four year old Buchanan was a stand-out player for The Ohio State University where he was a three-time All-GWLL First Team Selection and a two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection. Buchanan also plays for midfield for the Boston Cannons.
Season ticket packages for the Blazers 2011 season are currently available including a special offer for a seat in Section 22 and a limited edition player tee in honor of Casey Powell, one of Boston's newest All-Star acquisitions. For more information, visit blazerslacrosse.com or call 888-BLAZERS.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 23, 2010
- Bandits Acquire Thorimbert and Self from Minnesota - Buffalo Bandits
- Minnesota Swarm Acquire Giles and Picks in Two Separate Deals - Minnesota Swarm
- Kevin Buchanan Dealt to Boston from Minnesota Swarm - Boston Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals