Kansas City Current Kicks off New Multi-Year Partnership with Samsung
KANSAS CITY - The Kansas City Current today announced a multi-year partnership with Samsung as the Official Display Partner for technology utilized throughout CPKC Stadium, the first venue in the world purpose-built for a professional women's soccer team. In addition to providing the video scoreboard and other display technology in the stadium, Samsung will receive use of marks, in-game signage, hospitality, social media promotions and more as an official partner of the team.
"Everyone at the Current is thrilled to bring a state-of-the-art Samsung videoboard to CPKC Stadium," said Scott Jenkins, KC Current Vice President of Facility Development. "The videoboard is a major component of the gameday experience, from pregame hype videos to crystal-clear replays. We know our fans will appreciate the incredible quality and technology of CPKC Stadium's videoboard!"
Many of the world's most technologically advanced sports venues leverage Samsung display solutions to elevate their game day experiences, including SoFi Stadium, Citi Field and most recently the pit building of the Formula 1 Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix. Samsung is bringing the same larger-than-life technology to professional women's soccer with a 75-foot-wide scoreboard that will transform CPKC Stadium into an immersive, dynamic environment where fans can connect with the team like never before. Match attendees will roar with excitement watching highlight reels and pivotal game moments on the big screen, drawing them closer to the action and enhancing the electric atmosphere in the stadium. The high-definition scoreboard delivers stunning clarity--in any weather, at any time of the day--ensuring fans never miss a second of the action.
Samsung XFB Outdoor LED panels will line the entire perimeter of the soccer field to deliver engaging messages and sponsored partner content with vivid clarity--even in live game broadcasts. Built to meet the needs of outdoor sports stadiums, the Samsung XFB series features a soft rubber top cushion to protect players from potential collisions against the sides of the panels, while a durable exterior lining helps the displays to withstand the impact of any stray balls in the heat of the game. Samsung will also outfit the entire stadium with TVs and a state-of-the-art audio system.
"As a world-class soccer team, the Kansas City Current deserves a world-class stadium for its players and fans," said David Phelps, Head of the Display Division, Samsung Electronics America. "Together, we are bringing immersive technologies that will create unforgettable experiences that keep fans and local supporters coming back for more. The growing fandom will also demonstrate the market potential of women's soccer to future investors and help narrow the financial gap between men's and women's sports."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from December 7, 2023
- Utah Royals FC Signs NWSL Free Agent Madison Pogarch - Utah Royals
- Kansas City Current Kicks off New Multi-Year Partnership with Samsung - Kansas City Current
- Orlando Pride Signs Defender Kylie Strom to Three-Year Contract - Orlando Pride
- San Diego Wave FC Re-Signs Forward Amirah Ali - San Diego Wave FC
- NWSL Announces 2024 Schedule Footprint and Competition Calendar - Houston Dash
- National Women's Soccer League Sets 2024 Season Framework - Racing Louisville FC
- National Women's Soccer League Announces 2024 Schedule Footprint, Competition Calendar - NWSL
- Angel City Football Club Signs Local Defender Gisele Thompson - Angel City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Current Stories
- Kansas City Current Close out Florida Preseason Camp with Friendly Victory
- Kansas City Current Unveil 2024 Primary and Secondary Kits Ahead of Inaugural Season at CPKC Stadium
- Kansas City Current Announces Partnership with 21c Museum Hotel Kansas City
- Forward Alex Pfeiffer Scores First Goal as a Professional
- Kansas City Current Add Two Under 18 Players to Preseason Roster