Kaleigh Kurtz Signs New Contract with NC Courage
CARY, NC - The North Carolina Courage announced today that defender Kaleigh Kurtz has re-signed a one-year contract with the club, with a year option.
"I am looking forward to coming back to the Courage as we continue to move forward as a club," Kurtz said. "I'm excited to continue solidifying my partnership with Abby Erceg and progressing my career to new heights!"
Kurtz had a breakout year last season, becoming a regular member of the Courage starting lineup and contributing in immense ways defensively. The centerback appeared in 22 matches, all of which were starts, clocking 2,010 minutes and adding 113 clearances, 32 blocks, and 44 interceptions throughout the season. Kurtz also maintained a 69.5% success rate in duels and an 82.1% passing success rate while remaining disciplined, only conceding five fouls over the course of the year. The Greer native also took eight shots, tallying an assist and four key passes.
"Bringing Kaleigh back in 2022 was important for us after her breakout year in 2021," said Head Coach Sean Nahas. "Her focus each day was to be better than the last and having the opportunity each and every week to step into a starting role helped her development. Her level of confidence was at its highest point of her pro career, and we as a team benefited from that. We know the best is still yet to come from her and what she will provide for our team moving forward. We look forward to working with her daily to help her get to where she wants to be and know she too will put the work in to get there. Welcome back, KK!"
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 11, 2022
- KC Current Appoints Former USWNT Assistant Coach and U-23 Women's Coach Matt Potter as Head Coach - Kansas City Current
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Adds Goalkeeper Michelle Betos to Squad Ahead of 2022 Season - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Kaleigh Kurtz Signs New Contract with NC Courage - North Carolina Courage
- Yuki Nagasato Returns to Chicago Red Stars - Chicago Red Stars
- National Women's Soccer League Launches Game Changers Series Presented by Ally - NWSL
- Orlando Pride Acquires Darian Jenkins from Kansas City Current - Orlando Pride
- KC Current Trades Darian Jenkins to Orlando Pride; Acquires 2023 Second Round Draft Pick, Allocation Money - Kansas City Current
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina Courage Stories
- Courage Fall to League-Leading Wave FC
- Courage Partner with Governor's Institute, Joining Battle against Opioid Epidemic
- Courage Host San Diego Wave FC for First Time Sunday
- Courage Announce Merz Aesthetics as New Back of Jersey Sponsor
- Courage Bested by Pride at Home Wednesday Night