Kale Kessy Joins Steelheads
Boise, ID - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with forward Kale Kessy on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season.
Kessy, 25, spent time in both the AHL and ECHL during the 2017-18 season. The 6'2" forward netted 13-goals and 18-assists in 52-games with the Tulsa Oilers as well as 239 penalty minutes. In 16 AHL games split between the Manitoba Moose and the Cleveland Monsters, Kessy had 1-goal and 3-assists.
"We're excited to announce the signing of Kale Kessy."said Graham. "He brings a presence to the line up every night. He has the ability to produce offensively as well as provide a heavy element to the lineup."
The Shaunavon, Saskatchewan native spent five seasons in the WHL where he added 16-goals and 44-assists to go along with 511 penalty minutes and a +26 rating in 253-games split between the Medicine Hat Tigers, Vancouver Giants, and Kamloops Blazers. He was selected in the fourth round (111th overall) by the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
"I am extremely excited for the opportunity that the Steelheads organization has given me." said Kessy. "They have a fast, strong team and will be tough to compete against. The city and fan base are great, and the team seems to get a lot of support from the community."
Kessy is no stranger to the Steelheads having played 5-games against Idaho as a member of the Tulsa Oilers during the 2017-18 season. In those games, he added 1-goal and 2-assists.
"He was always a fierce opponent every time we faced him over the last couple years and we're happy to have him on our side of the ice." said Graham. "We expect him to bring leadership to the team on and off the ice."
"I am grateful for the opportunity to play and I think that I can make a significant contribution to the team in order for us to have a successful season." said Kessy.
Images from this story
Forward Kale Kessy with the Cleveland Monsters
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 18, 2018
- Admirals Agree to Terms with Forward Connor Hurley - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans to Host Team Store Sale Along with Player Announcements this Saturday - Allen Americans
- Kale Kessy Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks to Hold Annual Intrasquad Scrimmage October 3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Ice Angels Ready for 10th Anniversary Season - Allen Americans
- Thunder Tabs Rookie Forward Shane Eiserman - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Unveil New Home and Road Uniforms - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Wrangle Mavericks with 3-0 Shutout Win
- Forward Justin Parizek Placed on Suspension
- Steelheads Saddle Mavericks with 5-1 Win to Open Weekend
- Steve McParland Returns to Idaho from Loan
- Steelheads, St. Luke's Bring "Turtle Power" For Nickelodeon Night This Saturday