Jupiter Hammerheads vs Ft. Myers Miracle
Jupiter, FL - Colby Lusignan singled home Junior Arrojo in the first inning, which would be the only run scored in the Hammerheads 1-0 victory over Ft. Myers.
Friday night was the Hammerheads final home game of the year. The team finished 34-36 overall at home in 2017, 19-16 during the second half of the season.
Ben Meyer was lights out for Jupiter, tossing shut-out five innings, allowing only two hits, while striking out seven.
Wei-Yin Chen made his second rehab appearance with the Hammerheads, pitching two innings of relief, striking out one and allowed only one base runner. Felipe Gonzalez shut the door, picking up a six out save to end the game, his fifth save on the year.
The Hammerheads and Miracle will play the remaining two games of the four game series in Ft. Myers, the final two games of the season.
Images from this story
9-1-17 Jupiter Hammerheads vs Ft. Myers Miracle Game Recap
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from September 2, 2017
- Jupiter Hammerheads vs Ft. Myers Miracle - Jupiter Hammerheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jupiter Hammerheads Stories
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium Announces 2019 Spring Training Schedule
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium to Offer Special Ticket Discount for North Palm Beach Residents for Fireworks & Mega Bash
- Monday's Game Postponed; Double Header Scheduled for Tuesday
- 9TH Inning Rally Not Enough in Series Opening Loss
- Hammerheads Earn 20th Win of the Season