Junior Blue Jackets And RoughRiders Play Best Of Seven Series Beginning Tuesday
COLUMBUS, Ohio- The Ohio Junior Blue Jackets are the No. 5 seed in the East Division of the United States Hockey League playoffs and will play the No. 2 seed Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in a best of seven series to open the 2007 postseason.
Ohio (13-40-7, 33 pts.) finished the season winning three of its last five games. Cedar Rapids (37-13-5, 76 pts.) lost its finale to Waterloo, who won the East Division and the Anderson Cup - awarded to the team with the most points in the regular season. No. 1 Waterloo will face No. 6 Chicago and No. 3 Indiana will face off against No. 4 Green Bay.
All 12 teams qualify for the 2007 USHL playoffs, beginning with six best-of-seven series - three in the East Division and three in the West. Teams are seeded one through six with No. 1 vs. No. 6, No. 2 vs. No. 5, and No. 3 vs. No. 4 for each division. In the second round, there will be a round robin tournament hosted by the highest remaining seed in each division. The top two teams from each round robin will advance to the semi-finals where the highest remaining seed in the East will face the highest remaining seed from the West and vice versa. Winners will play for the championship.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2007
- USHL ready to open Clark Cup Playoffs - USHL
- Tri-City Playoff Schedule Announced - Tri-City Storm
- Junior Blue Jackets And RoughRiders Play Best Of Seven Series Beginning Tuesday - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- Stampede Open Playoffs at Home this Wednesday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lancers To Host Des Moines Buccaneers in Clark Cup Playoffs - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.