Jets Soar over Brown Bears
The Janesville Jets won a back-and-forth affair with the Kenai River Brown Bears 5-4. The two teams traded goals in the opening period as Parker Lindauer scored first for Janesville only to be countered by Lucas Wahlin scoring his first goal in the NAHL. The Jets took a 3-1 lead into the second intermission after getting goals from Jordon Halverson and Isaac Novak. Max Helgeson got the Brown Bears within one with just over four minutes to play but Arsenii Smekhnov's first goal increased the lead back to two. Peter Morgan made the score 4-3 with just over 90 seconds left in regulation. Carter Hottman scored an empty net goal to give the Jets some insurance and they would need it as Logan Ritchie scored in the dying seconds. Riley Sims turned aside 26 shots to pick up the win in goal while Landon Pavlisin also stopped 26 shots in the loss.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Jackalopes Blanked in North Richland Hills - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bugs Shutout & Sweep the Blues - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Shoudy's Two Goals Boost Bruins in Paint the Rink Pink Win over St. Cloud, 5-2 - Austin Bruins
- Six Different Goal Scorers Lead Rebels to Victory over Knights - Jamestown Rebels
- Steel Shutout Magicians at Home to Wrap up Series - Chippewa Steel
- Tomahawks Get Weekend Sweep over Generals - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Pilots Fall to Bulls 6-1 in Series Opener - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Hold on for Friday Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Gendron and Pugliese Help Lead Titans to 6-4 Win over Black Bears - New Jersey Titans
- Jets Soar over Brown Bears - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Jackalopes Fall 5-1 to Lone Star - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceRays Snap Streak with 2-1 Win Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.