Jets Hire Mike Keane as Player Development
The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce they have hired Mike Keane as Player Development Assistant. He will be working closely with Jimmy Roy, who is the Coordinator of Player Development. Keane will focus mainly on amateur and professional teams, with a particular emphasis in the evaluation and development of players with the St. John's IceCaps.
Keane, 46, played in 1161 career NHL games between Montreal, Colorado, NY Rangers, Dallas, St. Louis and Vancouver. In his 16 year NHL career, Keane recorded 470 career points (168G, 302A) and 881 penalty minutes. He won three Stanley Cup Championships with Montreal (1993), Colorado (1996) and Dallas (1999).
The Winnipeg, MB native finished his playing career with the Manitoba Moose, playing in his hometown from 2005 to 2010. In his time with the Moose, Keane played in 365 career games for 114 career points (36G, 78A) and 244 career penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 3, 2013
- Flames Open 2013 Prospects Training Camp - Abbotsford Heat
- Several Griffins to Take Part in NHL Prospects Tournament - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Jets Hire Mike Keane as Player Development - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Corner with Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher - Utica Comets
- IceCaps' Ten-Game Ticket Packages on Sale Saturday - St. John's IceCaps
- Albany Devils Reveal "Opening Night Bundle" - Albany Devils
- Wolves Bring Back Regner - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack, Dunkin' Donuts Partner for Special Ticket Opportunity - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Season Ticket Holder Parking Options Released - Binghamton Senators
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Penguins Sign Tom Kostopoulos to AHL Deal - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.