Jets Announce Donation Campaign with YWCA Rock County
JANESVILLE, WI -Â As part of the organization's recognition and celebration of Black History Month, the Janesville Jets announced Monday a donation campaign benefiting YWCA Rock County. For each goal the Jets score in their seven games in the month of February, the Jets will donate $25 to YWCA Rock County.
"The Janesville Jets are enjoying our chance to listen and share stories from the Black hockey community this month, and we're excited to add an action element to how we're celebrating Black History Month," said Vice President of Business Development Mason Lyttle. "YWCA Rock County's work for racial justice in our backyard, our organization's commitment to local initiatives, and of course the opportunity to raise money while scoring goals made this campaign a fun way to get more involved."
As part of the Racial Justice and Immigrant Outreach program, YWCA Rock County is a part of the national movement of more than 200 YWCAs working to eliminate racism. For more information about YWCA Rock County and how to get involved, visit www.ywcarockcounty.org.
The Jets have played and won their first two games of their seven-game schedule in February, raising $200 already in donations. Fans can visit www.HockeyTV.com to watch the Jets' remaining February games on February 19, 20, 25, 27, and 28.
100+ NCAA Commitments since '09.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Dakota Property Management Alumni Report - Minot Minotauros
- Titans Announce 2021 Camp Dates - New Jersey Titans
- NAHL Announces New Partnership with Air Force Special Warfare - NAHL
- Titans Forward Jack Ford Makes NCAA D1 Commitment to Army West Point - New Jersey Titans
- Jets Announce Donation Campaign with YWCA Rock County - Janesville Jets
- Jets Announce Donation Campaign with YWCA for Black History Month - Janesville Jets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.