JetHawks Stay Hot, Win Another over Nuts
MODESTO, Calif. - The JetHawks scored early runs, and Ty Culbreth delivered seven strong innings in a 4-2 win over the Modesto Nuts on Tuesday night at John Thurman Field.
Lancaster (4-2, 37-39) picked up a pair of runs in the first inning and another in the second to get an early jump on Nuts starter Ljay Newsome (4-5).
Carlos Herrera drove in the first run of the game, and picked up the first of his three hits, with a ground-rule double in the bottom of the first. He later scored on a Tyler Nevin double. Nevin also delivered three hits in the contest.
Steven Linkous reached base with a single in the second innin and later socred on Herrera's second hit. The JetHawks scored their final run in the fifth inning on a Jacob Bosiokovic ground out.
The runs were plenty for Culbreth who took a shutout into the seventh. He allowed one run on five hits over seven innings with six strikeouts. He did not issue a walk.
Justin Lawrence allowed one run in the eighth inning before Reid Humphreys pitched a perfect ninth to pick up his 16th save.
The series continues Wednesday night in Modesto. David Hill (2-2) is scheduled to pitch for Lancaster against Colin Rodgers (2-3). First pitch is 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from June 27, 2018
- Rancho Blanks Lake Elsinore Again on Wednesday Afternoon - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Ports Shutout Giants to Even Series - San Jose Giants
- Milburn Goes the Distance in 5-0 Ports Win - Stockton Ports
- Early Damage Sends Nuts to Seventh Straight Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Ninth Inning Comeback Falls Short - Visalia Rawhide
- JetHawks Stay Hot, Win Another over Nuts - Lancaster JetHawks
- Anderson Shuts Down Storm on Tuesday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.