Jazz Recalls Kevin Murphy from D-League
SALT LAKE CITY (January 8, 2013) - Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey announced today that the team has recalled rookie Kevin Murphy from the Reno Bighorns, Utah's NBA Development League (D-League) affiliate. Murphy is expected to be in uniform when the Jazz visits the Charlotte Bobcats tomorrow, January 9, at 5 p.m. MT.
In 14 games (12 starts) with the Bighorns, Murphy averaged 13.2 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 28.6 minutes. He began his assignment with Reno on November 26.
Selected by the Jazz in the second round (47th overall selection) of the 2012 NBA Draft, the 6-6, 185-pound Murphy played four seasons at Tennessee Tech, where he averaged 15.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. Murphy averaged 20.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists as a senior and finished his career as the Golden Eagles' second all-time leading scorer (2,019 points).
Murphy became the sixth player in Jazz history to be assigned to the D-League, and the first since current Jazz teammate Jeremy Evans was in March 2011.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2013
- Tulsa Shows Improvement in Win over Maine - Tulsa 66ers
- Tulsa Enjoys Thunderous Victory over Maine - G League
- Santa Cruz Warriors Waive Shawn Taggart - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jazz Recalls Kevin Murphy from D-League - Reno Bighorns
- Canton Takes Charge in Crunch Time to Defeat Idaho at 2013 NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- Canton Nabs Season-High Fifth-Straight Win - Canton Charge
- Tony Mitchell Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns' Landry and Tucker to Compete in 3-Point, Slam Dunk Contests - Reno Bighorns
- Fort Wayne's Tony Mitchell Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - G League
- Texas' Mike James Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Austin Toros - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Joseph Keys Austin's Comeback Victory over Santa Cruz - G League
- Saturday's BayHawks Game Features National Halftime Act & New Addition to Entertainment Crew - Erie BayHawks
- Texas Guard Mike James Signs with Dallas Mavericks - G League
- Charge Team with Longbridge Wealth Advisors to "Assist" Akron Children's Hospital - Canton Charge
- Toros' Justin Dentmon to Compete in Three-Point Contest - Austin Spurs
- Tonight's Iowa Energy Game to be Broadcast Nationally on CBS Sports Network - Iowa Wolves
- Landry Leads Bighorns Past Armor at 2013 NBA D-League Showcase - Reno Bighorns
- Landry Leads Bighorns Past Armor at 2013 NBA D-League Showcase - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.