Isiah Kiner-Falefa's Four-Hit Night Not Enough in 8-5 Loss to Hooks
FRISCO, Texas - Isiah Kiner-Falefa collected four hits but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, fell 8-5 to the Corpus Christi Hooks in the series opener Tuesday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
BIG MOMENTS * Isiah Kiner-Falefa went 4-5 with a stolen base and a run scored, collecting his first four-hit game of the season and the seventh of his career. * Scott Heineman cut the Riders' deficit to 4-3 with a bases-clearing, three-run double in the bottom of the third inning. However, the Hooks answered back with three runs in the top of the fifth to regain a comfortable edge. * Corpus Christi's Ramon Laureano led the way for the Hooks, going 4-5 with a double and two runs scored. Ryne Birk chipped in with a solo home run, and Jamie Ritchie drove in three runs. * Jake Diekman struck out two in a scoreless seventh inning, stranding a leadoff double in his sixth rehab outing (fifth with Frisco).
NEWS AND NOTES * Scott Heineman extended his hitting streak to 10 games and his on-base streak to 16 games with a single and double. Jose Cardona collected three hits for the sixth time this season, his 35^th multi-hit effort. * Collin Wiles surrendered a career-high-tying seven earned runs on a career-high 14 hits. * Frisco snapped a season-high-tying four-game winning streak with Tuesday's loss. * The Riders committed a season-high four errors for the second time this season (also May 28 at Arkansas).
WHAT'S NEXT Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Wednesday, 7:05 p.m. Probables: LHP Yohander Mendez (7-7, 3.54 ERA) vs. RHP Lance McCullers Jr. (MLB rehab) Tickets: Click here (http://www.milb.com/tickets/singlegame.jsp'sidt540#game505857) Video: MiLB.tv Audio:, TuneIn Radio App (http://tunein.com/station/?StationId198325), MiLB First Pitch App (http://www.milb.com/milb/mobile/)
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 30, 2017
- Pair of Rehabbers Vaults Hooks to 10-3 Victory over Riders - Frisco RoughRiders
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa's Four-Hit Night Not Enough in 8-5 Loss to Hooks - Frisco RoughRiders
- Drillers Get Record-Setting Win, Move Back into First - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- 'Riders Insider' Debuts on FOX Sports Southwest on Monday, March 26
- Season-Long Celebrations, Promos Mark Riders' 15th Anniversary Season in 2018
- Riders Unveil Biggest Promotional Schedule in Baseball History
- Riders Bringing in Biggest Collection of Celebs in Team History
- Riders Ticket Celebration Kicks off 2018 Single-Game Sales Friday, March 2