Iowa Announces Roster Additions and Cuts
DES MOINES, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Brent Flahr announced on Thursday the following roster moves; Forwards Christoph Bertschy and Kyle Rau have been assigned to Iowa from the NHL's Minnesota Wild. In addition; forwards Pat Cannone, Landon Ferraro, Kurtis Gabriel, Zack Mitchell and Cal O'Reilly, as well as defenseman Alex Grant and goalie Niklas Svedberg, have all cleared waivers and have been assigned to the Iowa Wild.
Iowa also announced the following players have been cut from training camp tryout agreements; defensemen Jason Binkley, Josh Elmes, Geoff Fortman, Vinny Muto and Davis Vandane, as well as forwards Danny Smith, Andrew Miller, Anthony Flaherty, Kyle Dutra and Woody Hudson.
The Iowa Wild plays a pair of preseason games, both will be in North Dakota against the Manitoba Moose - the Winnipeg Jets AHL affiliate. Iowa and Manitoba meet at the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, ND on Friday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m. The two teams play a second preseason game at the Scheels Arena in Fargo, ND on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m.
Opening Night 2017 for the Iowa Wild is slated for Saturday, Oct. 7 with a visit from the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena. Opening night and the Wild's fifth anniversary season is presented by Mercy and Bankers Trust. Brother Trucker is set to kickoff the Local Concert series with a live performance from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. on the South Concourse. Fans may purchase two tallboys for $10 for the Local Concert series. The first 1,500 fans to arrive at the game receive a five-year anniversary banner sponsored by Bankers Trust. It is also a Jim Beam night where fans may purchase a $5 Jim Beam vanilla or a $10 Jim Beam vanilla in a mason jar. The Brewdog pack is also available for purchase at the game.
Iowa welcomes Milwaukee again on Sunday, Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena. It's Kids Fall Festival night. The first 1,500 fans to arrive at the game receive an Iowa Wild cling schedule sponsored by BUS 100.3 and Hicklin Garage. Fans may bring in a Subway receipt and purchase a ticket for only $5. The Subway combo pack is also available for purchase at the game. There is a postgame skate following the conclusion of the game presented by Smock Industries and NASH Icon.
Opening Night 2017 for the Iowa Wild is slated for Saturday, Oct. 7 with a visit from the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena. Follow the Iowa Wild on Twitter @IAWILD or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/iawild.
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center: and runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2017-18 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $10 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 29, 2017
- Coyotes Reduce Training Camp Roster by Two Players - Tucson Roadrunners
- AHL Live Early-Bird Pricing Now Available for 2017-18 Season - AHL
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Blackhawks Assign Three Players to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Assign Matt Puempel to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Stanley Cup Comes to Northeast Pennsylvania on October 25 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Reign and Roadrunners Meet in Preseason - Ontario Reign
- Amerks Preseason Game Saturday against Toronto to be Live Streamed - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Alexander Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Release Seven from Training Camp Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Blackhawks Assign Delia - Rockford IceHogs
- Luff and Maillet Shine in Preseason Shootout Victory over Gulls On - Ontario Reign
- San Diego 3 at Ontario 4 (Shootout) - San Diego Gulls
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers 2, Wolf Pack 0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Binghamton Devils Training Camp Roster Released - Binghamton Senators
- Penguins Reduce Training Camp Roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Utica Comets to Host 2018 AHL All-Star Classic Presented by Turning - Utica Comets
- Syracuse Crunch and Dunkin' Donuts Continue Munchkins Hosting - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Announces Roster Additions and Cuts - Iowa Wild
- Manitoba Moose Moose Reduce Roster - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wild Announces Guaranteed Dates for 2019-20
- Iowa Bows out of Central Division Final with 3-1 Loss
- Iowa Falls to Chicago 7-4 in Game 5
- Minnesota Wild Signs Gerry Mayhew to Two-Year, Two-Way Contract