Indians Add New Video Board At Victory Field
INDIANAPOLIS -- When fans enter Victory Field for Opening Night on April 16, they will be dazzled by one of the most unique video displays in all of professional baseball. The Indianapolis Indians have added a new HD video display that spans the left field wall and measures 6-1/2 feet tall by 120 feet wide.
The new digital board, which has the highest resolution (16mm) of any display in Minor League Baseball, will feature interactive messages, advertisements and live scores and statistics.
"The Indianapolis Indians are constantly seeking ways to improve the entertainment package we present to our fans at Victory Field and our new LED board in left field provides us with a new opportunity to do that," says Indians' Vice President & General Manager Cal Burleson. "Our new video board will allow our scoreboard information to be displayed in a state-of-the-art form and let our corporate partners have their messages presented in a vivid and striking manner."
The Indians invested approximately $600,000 in the new digital display which was designed by Brookings, South Dakota based Daktronics, an industry-leading designer and manufacturer of electronic scoreboards, programmable display systems, and large screen video displays using light emitting diode (LED) technology.
Among Daktronics' installations, only four Major League Baseball teams have larger outfield fence displays (Cleveland, Milwaukee, Kansas City and Texas) and only the San Diego Padres display has a resolution as high the new screen at Victory Field.
The new display replaces the static out-of-town scoreboard that previously adorned Victory Field's left field wall.
Fans will get their first chance to see the brand new video board when the Indians open the 2010 home schedule on Friday, April 16 at Victory Field against their division rivals the Toledo Mud Hens at 7:15 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now at www.IndyIndians.com or by calling the Victory Field Box Office at 317-269-3545.
VICTORY FIELD: "FRESH 15"
The Indianapolis Indians are celebrating their 15th season at Victory Field. In each of the 15 days leading up to the 2010 home opener, the Indians will unveil something new at Victory Field this season. The Indianapolis Indians home opener is scheduled for Friday, April 16th at 7:15 p.m. against the division-rival Toledo Mud Hens.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 5, 2010
- Indians Add New Video Board At Victory Field - Indianapolis Indians
- Mud Hens Open The 2010 Season On Thursday, April 8 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mud Hens Opening Homestand Release - Toledo Mud Hens
- Aubrey Clears Waivers, is Outrighted to Norfolk - Norfolk Tides
- Chiefs Announce Preliminary 2010 Roster - Syracuse Mets
- G-Braves Release 2010 Roster - Gwinnett Stripers
- Toledo Mud Hens Opening Day Roster Announced - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (26-19) at Columbus Clippers (27-19)
- Clippers Use Eight-Run Fifth Inning to Top Tribe
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (26-18) at Columbus Clippers (26-19)
- Kela Added to Tribe 'Pen on MLB Rehab
- Kramer's Double Propels Indy to Win, IL West Lead