I-4 Derby - Round Two - Kicks off Saturday as Florida Hosts Orlando SeaWolves
LAKELAND - Round two of the "I-4 Derby" kicks off Saturday night at the RP Funding Center when the Florida Tropics host the Orlando SeaWolves.
The two Major Arena Soccer League rivals will kick off their second of six meetings at 7:05 p.m. The first three meetings will be on the Tropics' home pitch, while Orlando will host the final three matchups, with two in March and the final showdown on the last weekend of the regular season on April 13.
Saturday marks the start of three straight at home for Florida. The Milwaukee Wave will visit Jan. 19 and the St. Louis Ambush will be in town Jan. 26.
The Tropics are looking to recover from a difficult road weekend when they dropped back to back games starting with a 5-4 loss to St. Louis and 7-2 setback in Kansas City. Midfielder Victor Parreiras was injured early in the loss to the Ambush, and will not dress. Defender Lucas Teixeira and Midfielder Anthony Arico remain questionable with injuries and did not play last weekend.
Florida continues to be led by Guilherme who has nine goals and four assists in the Tropics (3-5) eight games.
Orlando (1-4) has been idle since its 9-6 setback in a Dec. 29 game in Lakeland. Osvaldo Rojas had a hat trick in that contest, as did Parreiras for the Tropics. Rojas is the team leader in goals with five, while veteran Gordy Gurson leads in overall points with four goals and four assists.
For tickets and more information, visit www.fltropics.com or call 863-240-0101. Saturday's game - and all Tropics games home and away - are also broadcast live at www.masl.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Kansas City Comets Take Down First Place Milwaukee on the Road - Kansas City Comets
- Utica City Shines in Dramatic Victory over MetroStars - Utica City FC
- MetroStars Lose Heartbreaker in Final Minute - Mississauga MetroStars
- Utica City FC to Hold Kids Day on January 13 - Utica City FC
- St. Louis Ambush Journey to Milwaukee Saturday - St. Louis Ambush
- Comets to Face Undefeated Wave in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat vs. Baltimore Blast - Harrisburg Heat
- I-4 Derby - Round Two - Kicks off Saturday as Florida Hosts Orlando SeaWolves - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- 121 MASL Career Goal Striker Efrain "Wilo" Martinez Signs with Tropics for Upcoming Season
- Tropics, WFLA/WTTA Announce Partnership for Live Television Broadcasts of All 12 Home MASL Games
- Tropics Sign 2017-18 MASL Defender-Of-Year Robert Acosta
- Rival SeaWolves Will Open Regular Season and Home 2019-20 Schedule for Tropics
- Gurson, Ruggles Will Represent U.S. in Minifootball World Cup in Australia Next Month