Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals
The Hurricanes kept fighting back again and again, but it wasn't enough to overcome the London Lightning in Game 3 of the National Basketball League of Canada Finals on Thursday night in London.
The Hurricanes lost 110-100 to their Ontario rivals after pulling back into a one-point lead in the fourth quarter.
An early three-point barrage from the Lightning cemented their lead in the first half of the game while the Hurricanes struggled to make baskets in the paint.
Despite the loss, Hurricanes centre Rhamel Brown outmatched his fantastic Game 2 performance with a 16-point, 12 rebound double-double Thursday that included four assists and seven blocked shots -- breaking the NBLC Finals record of six blocks he set on Tuesday night in Halifax.
Antoine Mason led the Hurricanes in scoring with 22 points and converted on eight of nine free throws.
While London closed off the paint to Halifax power forward Billy White, he found scoring opportunities around the three-point arc, draining four long ones on his way to 17 points.
The Hurricanes lead the series 2-1 and will square off with the Lightning again on Saturday night, May 12, in London for Game 4. With London's win on Thursday, Game 5 in London will happen on Monday, May 14. Check the Hurricanes website and social media for details on watching the games via live stream.
If Game 6 is necessary, the series will swing back to Halifax on May 17.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes vs. the London Lightning in Game 3
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from May 10, 2018
- Lightning Come Back in Game 3 of NBL Finals - London Lightning
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals