Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
The Halifax Hurricanes lost a tightly contested Game 7 to the London Lightning on Friday night.
By beating the Hurricanes 109-101, the London Lightning grabbed the National Basketball League of Championship for the second season in a row.
The Hurricanes played with heart and through pain all game and all season long, but London's impeccable three-point shooting was too much to overcome.
The London team shot 53.3 per cent from three in the final game of the season, led by guard Doug Herring Jr., who scored a game-high 29 points, making six threes along the way.
Cliff Clinkscales led the Hurricanes offence throughout Game 7. He finished with an impressive stat line of 14 points, 14 assists, five rebounds, two steals and a block.
Billy White led the Hurricanes in scoring with 25 points including four of six from three.
Tyrone Watson had 21 points and seven rebounds to cap out his great playoff run.
The Halifax Hurricanes still have a lot to be proud of after a great season, finishing with the best regular season record in the league and claiming their third consecutive Atlantic Division Championship.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes drive on the London Lightning in Game 7
Halifax Hurricanes vs. the London Lightning in Game 7
Halifax Hurricanes handle the ball vs. the London Lightning in Game 7
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from May 18, 2018
- Lightning Win 2017/2018 NBL Canada Championship - London Lightning
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- White for Thomas: Hurricanes Swap Player Rights with Moncton
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London